QP for sale

maverick

A very good mate's father is selling his QP very soon it's blue with ivory hide with blue pipping , full service history main dealer , new clutch , f1 pump , wind screen and various other bits , sorry to be a bit sketchy but only had the conversation tonight with him , I'll have more details by Monday but he's dad after spending a small fortune on it just wants to sell on now , it's going to be very cheep , much so I would of considered buying it my self and selling it on but I just don't have the spare cash at the moment . So if any one interested pm me and I'll send more details etc , I'll post up the price , year , mileage Service history etc when I know . Believe me it will be the bargain of the century !

drewf

Is that the car that was sitting in Tim's garage when he was remapping my car?

D Walker

I generally do about 400-500 miles a week travelling from Home (Teeside) to near Morecame for work (118 miles each way) then into work and back and then usually at least 1 trip to Barrow and back to Morecambe (100 round trip). I think all in I put around 18k miles through my business account last year. Which my Passat does handle with applomb.
Would be an expensive do in a QP mind.

maverick

Is that the car that was sitting in Tim's garage when he was remapping my car?

Yes Drew it is , it's all be sorted now and alls good but I think he had just falling out of love with it so he just wants a quick sale .

I have spoken to my friend this morning and he visiting his father later today or Monday so he will take some pics and get all the relevant info , as soon as I recieve it I will post up all the details . iam working away on Monday and Tuesday so this may not happen untill Wednesday depending on the wifi in the hotel . the car is situated in Reading , Berkshire . I would be happy to pick anyone up from the station or take them to see the car if needed .

maverick

Ok guys I have just spoken to him and he has told me the asking price and it would be the cheapest on auto trader for a NON cat car . I won't post price yet untill I have all the details and pics . Also for your info it will be a cash price No offers price as I believe it will be the cheapest out there , I have briefly seen the car and to me it looked in very good condition but again it will be up to the potential buyer if there think it's worth the money . If would be a shame to see it go to a dealer and than there put a massive mark up on it as I know there's been a few looking for one at the moment , hopefully if will go to a forum member .

drewf

Yes Drew it is , it's all be sorted now and alls good but I think he had just falling out of love with it so he just wants a quick sale .

I have spoken to my friend this morning and he visiting his father later today or Monday so he will take some pics and get all the relevant info , as soon as I recieve it I will post up all the details . iam working away on Monday and Tuesday so this may not happen untill Wednesday depending on the wifi in the hotel . the car is situated in Reading , Berkshire . I would be happy to pick anyone up from the station or take them to see the car if needed .

In that case, it was a very good looking car indeed. Gorgeous colour inside and out, and decent spec. Appeared to be suffering with a distinct lack of battery power at the time I saw it, which is not uncommon on a QP! It's tricky getting into the boot of a car which has a seized lock (like mine did), because it has never ever been used in its entire life, and is in a great position to gum up with all the crud from the road. I know they did get the boot open eventually though.

maverick

Thats fight drew apparently it was having problems with the alarm system so all fixed now along with a drivers side electric window motor also been replaced .

rs48635

Can you pin g me the details somehow?
i know some one ready to walk in with the dollars.

maverick

Hopefully have all the details tomorrow , my friend was to busy today but he did send over a couple of pics
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Ewan

Looks like an early base-model QP duo-select from 2004-06. It's not a Sport GT, a GTS or an Exec GT. No sunroof, rear entertainment, picnic tables, upgraded alloys, tinted glass etc, so not high spec. But a lovely colour combination, and even a "low" spec car is actually quite high spec as items like air-con, leather, cruise control, Bose hi-fi and so on are all standard.

Look forward to hearing about mileage, service history and price. It'll be important to know about the wear on items such as the clutch, brakes and tyres, as all are big ticket. A major service including all of the above could be £6k inc Vat, so half the value of the car (approximately).

maverick

Looks like an early base-model QP duo-select from 2004-06. It's not a Sport GT, a GTS or an Exec GT. No sunroof, rear entertainment, picnic tables, upgraded alloys, tinted glass etc, so not high spec. But a lovely colour combination, and even a "low" spec car is actually quite high spec as items like air-con, leather, cruise control, Bose hi-fi and so on are all standard.

Look forward to hearing about mileage, service history and price. It'll be important to know about the wear on items such as the clutch, brakes and tyres, as all are big ticket. A major service including all of the above could be £6k inc Vat, so half the value of the car (approximately).

Details hopefully later tonight but I can tell you it's a full main dearer service at meridian and just had a new clutch and f1 pump fitted

rs48635

Maverick
Those items alone (clutch + F1 pump) should make it a quick seller. Any used car can have issues but big ticket items like that are great to have sorted.

Great looking colour combination, sure that blue with light leather suits many potential QP buyers.