First proper cheap GranTurismo GTS

Andyk

And from a good dealer with a good reputation and low miles.......Not many MC shift cars below 50k let alone 40k......But you can get an 4.7 Auto for around 42/46k.......They do seem cheaper than the MC's.....

bigbob

Yep, the 4.7 auto was about £6k cheaper new LFL and they tend to have higher miles, hence the lower used prices.

The question is now what happens to 4.2 auto prices as they have been sticky for a while.

bigbob

Hard to say. Personally I feel that black on black holds it back and time of year is an issue. Without photos we cannot tell whether it has the comfort pack, front parking sensors and which wheels it has. Also service history, clutch life etc.

I should not say this as an owner but 40%+ residuals retail to retail at six years old is still amazing so perhaps this is the right price? Cars do tend to take a step change down in value once the market sees them as 'old' so perhaps a lot of potential owners are buying F type, 991, 6 series, M3/M4 etc as they are fresher cars? The next few months will tell.

stewarttownsend

Lets hope stays high lol...

Doesn't seem high mileage but is there service history etc, suppose also whats the story in terms of how much did the trader get it for then ? Seems its to cheap, but hey I thought mine was a bargain at 45k with full service history and 15K miles on it.

bigbob

The mileage adjuster is up to £200 per thousand miles plus yours is a better colour and newer so actually the net prices are about the same, if anthing yours was about £1-2k cheaper LFL.

StuartW

That's a very good price and I doubt a dealer of their repute would be selling a poor example, I might just take a look as I'll be out that way this week. Fortunately, their website kindly shows the coordinates for their helipad - how would I find it otherwise?

Andyk

Yep, the 4.7 auto was about £6k cheaper new LFL and they tend to have higher miles, hence the lower used prices.

The question is now what happens to 4.2 auto prices as they have been sticky for a while.

That isa good point BB .... Once the 4.7's become a bit more plenty full under 40k then it surely will push more 4.2's under 30k.......That's a lot of car and style for the money....

bigbob

I suspect that early (57, 08) 4.2 GranTurismo will take a step change down of say £5k over the winter as they have held fast at £33-37k retail for a nice one over the last year. Obviously anything over 50,000 miles of thereabouts needs special pricing.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
I should not say this as an owner but 40%+ residuals retail to retail at six years old is still amazing so perhaps this is the right price?

Agreed, 40% is pretty impressive. If this one's price is a fair reflection of market rates mine has lost perhaps £15k in the three years since I bought it (excluding servicing, tyres etc which doesn't count), which is very low in my opinion. Especially as I've had far more than £15k of fun in it.

StuartW

This car has sold already, before they even got to put photos and a full description on their website. Maybe it was priced too low after all? Either way, it's an awful lot of excellent car for sub £40k

safrane

This car has sold already, before they even got to put photos and a full description on their website. Maybe it was priced too low after all? Either way, it's an awful lot of excellent car for sub £40k

or if you want to shift stock quickly and realise the profit. ..priced well.