Anyone know this dealer or this Granturismo?

Gliterati

Think I have changed my mind. I sat in the alacantara seats and I think it is so much better than the full leather. Felt more comfortable and much more grippy. With the full leather I was sliding all over the place.

Going to focus on one with alacantara now.

bigbob

Alcantara seats feel warmer and look great when new if contrasting colours are used but I have never fallen off the all leather seats in my GranTurismo.

EXCF350

I've got Alcantara seats in mine and agree that they feel warmer and look better. Given the choice, I'd have them again but it wouldn't be a deal breaker if a car I was looking at didn't have them.

EXCF350

The cars with Alcantara I have seen advertised that are 2008-2010 cars look knackered and worn out especially the steering wheels. Must be hard to maintain Alcantara.
Must admit that is a slight worry

Phil the Brit

The cars with Alcantara I have seen advertised that are 2008-2010 cars look knackered and worn out especially the steering wheels. Must be hard to maintain Alcantara.

Gliterati have you seen the new Black 2008 car with Nuvola? May be the one for you, has an Alcantara interior with rosso stitching

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/25/model/granturismo/page/1?logcode=p

You are absolutely correct, alcantara steering wheels deteriorate so fast. Hard to get them back. People tell you about different products how to do it, none of them are effective. I just replaced one with a brand new wheel as the old one felt so skanky. It became something I just didn't want to touch.

mcs

You are absolutely correct, alcantara steering wheels deteriorate so fast. Hard to get them back. People tell you about different products how to do it, none of them are effective. I just replaced one with a brand new wheel as the old one felt so skanky. It became something I just didn't want to touch.

Wow! If you don't mind asking how much did it cost to replace the steering wheel? PM me if you prefer..thanks

Gliterati

If you could let me know as well - I would like to know. Did you go for black leather or carbon fibre?

Andyk

Oh just found this on Pistonheads:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=780358

About the MC Sportline?

Mass confusion all round.

I would probably get it and swap the steering wheel out for a carbon one.

Yes there is someone advertising a black one of these on PH with a Stradale front end....It is not one of these as they were all matt white and as said went to the UAE.

THe MC Sport lines are all on the option list so you could get one of these but they are not a limited run for this country......There is also three matt finishes...Grey, white and blue at cost £15k I believe if you wanted it.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Saw this today, looks great value, superb guys to deal with too. Piers who looks after the Maserati side of things at Carrs is the man to speak to.

mcs

Saw this today, looks great value, superb guys to deal with too. Piers who looks after the Maserati side of things at Carrs is the man to speak to.

My mate at work rang up to enquire when I told him about it. The min he was put through the hard sale pitch started "oh yes that car came in today, Im talking to someone about it right now, it will be gone by 5pm, Its a lovely car we know it we sold it we serviced it"

Urm OK so can I ask about thr car or is it sold?

"Oh not yet but it will go today we have another 2 people coming to see it"

OK can you tell me the clutch life remaining please?

"Give me your number will call you in 15 mins"

No one called him back.. All a bit weird for a main dealer!!

Andyk

NOt all feed back over the years have been great from Carrs to be honest.....but this may have changed now....but I had the same experience as yourself, OK it was some years ago, when looking at a car they had for sale...Very much if you don't get down today the car will be gone......I didn't get down and it sat there for 6 weeks unsold.........

bigbob

My mate at work rang up to enquire when I told him about it. The min he was put through the hard sale pitch started "oh yes that car came in today, Im talking to someone about it right now, it will be gone by 5pm, Its a lovely car we know it we sold it we serviced it"

Urm OK so can I ask about thr car or is it sold?

"Oh not yet but it will go today we have another 2 people coming to see it"

OK can you tell me the clutch life remaining please?

"Give me your number will call you in 15 mins"

No one called him back.. All a bit weird for a main dealer!!

Someone else obviously sounded more interested.

At the end of the day with used cars when they have gone they have gone so if you are keen as a buyer you have to make that clear. If you say you will take a car subject to the clutch % being less than x% then that will get you a better response than just asking what the clutch % is. Of course it could be the opposite and the salesman is distracted but whenever I have wanted a used car I accept that I need to make it happen.

mcs

Someone else obviously sounded more interested.

At the end of the day with used cars when they have gone they have gone so if you are keen as a buyer you have to make that clear. If you say you will take a car subject to the clutch % being less than x% then that will get you a better response than just asking what the clutch % is. Of course it could be the opposite and the salesman is distracted but whenever I have wanted a used car I accept that I need to make it happen.

Agree to some extent but interest needs to be both way's - the seller needs to show as much interest to sell than the buyer is to buy..they came across as not needing him as a customer as so many people were interested in the car...That always put's me off any car deal. I need a salesman who is as interested in selling me the car as I am in buying it :) all IMHO of course.

He is going to call them tomorrow and go and view it if it is still available tomorrow. As of now no one has called him back with the information he requested.