The Cheapest GT?

StuartW

At 79k miles, I guess this car in question was a daily driver and 7 years on from launch, there seem to be very few horror stories with them. Maserati got it right with this one for sure and I really don't think that the prices will drop massively any time soon as their reputation is now well known

rd993

A mechanic at Joe Macari told me that there has been a step change in reliability with the GT - much fewer serious problems than in previous models apparently. This could, of course, be because they are newer but this conversation was a year ago (6 years from launch). Have also been considering warranty options and spoke to warranty direct and warranty wise. Warranty Wise listed off claims for GT and the most expensive he could find was circa £2200 whereas had ones going up to £10,000 for the 4200 etc. Again, this may be a function of the fact that the GT is a newer car but, again, it is coming on to 7 years from launch.

At 79k miles, I guess this car in question was a daily driver and 7 years on from launch, there seem to be very few horror stories with them. Maserati got it right with this one for sure and I really don't think that the prices will drop massively any time soon as their reputation is now well known

Andyk

They do seem a reliable car which is great news.....The 4.2 would make a good daily driver I would say as long as you can afford the fuel...

hilts uk

Grey / grey and small wheels so not great. Does it have Skyhook? - this was a big factor on the residual value of the early GT as it was a high price option. One issue on the residual values is the fact that items such as brake pads and discs (and tyres I think) are more expensive than a GS.

Fat Arnie

Hmm, I'm really interested in your comment Matt comparing the GS and the GT - Completely different...

I was very serious about buying an MC Shift a while back, looked at a few but when I drove them I just didn't like the lack of real grunt. Where my old 3200 (now LDM 3200's car) had tyre ripping quantites of torque the GT MCS delivered lots of drama in the noise department, but just didn't seem to have much grunt. I'm not against high revving cars that although very quick have little low down torque - both of my other fun cars are precisely that - but I think the wieght of the GT takes the edge off it.

I drove an MC Sport with the newer autobox and thought that was easier to live with on a daily basis than the F1 system on the MC Shift, but I've just not had my expectations met in the torque department.

So the GS and a QP DuoSelect share the same running gear right? If found the QP - my neighbour has one - I found it much like the MC Shift except a little bit slower and more wallowy in its handling. So what do you find is the big difference between a GS and a GT? Having never driven a GS, I wonder if I'm missing something?

I should add that I so so want a GT as they look so great, but I think maybe I want a GT with the TT 3200 lump in it - this is of course (almost) not possible. What should I do?