Spies from the outside

hodroyd

Just found out that I am being sort of spied on and what I say, from people outside the forum, just a reminder that this is a public forum and can be seen by anyone. Now that I know that I might just pop in some really outlandish statements and see what happens..!! Some people have the wierdest hobbies..!!

D Walker

I find as an ex MI 6 operative the best way to be incognito is to use my real name!
Doh - cover blown,
Walter Mitty

2b1ask1

Special case
Drones over the house Rob???

It is sad indeed; some people need to get a life for themselves!

Parisien

Just found out that I am being sort of spied on and what I say, from people outside the forum, just a reminder that this is a public forum and can be seen by anyone. Now that I know that I might just pop in some really outlandish statements and see what happens..!! Some people have the wierdest hobbies..!!

....you'll have to stop posting up your NI, passport and bank account details every other post Rob......;)

P

TridentTested

....why you should not go into detail on such threads like this one:

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/15570-Where-do-you-live-and-what-do-you-do

One photography forum I frequent used to have a strict policy on real names only. One pro-photographer successfully argued that he didn't want clients, or potential clients, googling his name and find him asking questions about Lightroom camera profiles. I think he's right, you need to keep your professional and personal lives separate. He refused to use the real name only policy and bit by bit the moderators had to relent and change their policy.

Do tell us more about this party, or parties.

Contigo

Sponsor
Why though? Just because he's a professional does that mean he has to know everything about his profession? Surely peoe googling him and seeing results on a camera/photography forum would reassure any potential customers?

CatmanV2

And how do you know it's a real name. Always has me in stitches when goes off about not using real names.

C

maverick

I don't realy care , this is who I am this is who I work for and this is what I do , world still turning !

CatmanV2

I don't realy care , this is who I am this is who I work for and this is what I do , world still turning !

Indeed. Although I have used this .nick for pretty much ever, I've never hidden my real ID from anyone who asks. Not that the kind of idiot who tends to ask would have any idea how to actually verify it :D

C