Wanted Granturismo 4.7 s automatic in Grigio nuvolari

Bourekoue

Hi I'm new to the forum.
I'm looking for a granturismo s 4.7 automatic in Grigio nuvolari with either pearl beige,sabbia,avorio or cuoio interior preferably with alcantara.
Thanks

bigbob

Welcome. Very rare colour as it was a special paint cost option at more money. It's roughly half way between grigio touring and grigio alfieri IIRC.

Are you looking for alcantara seats inserts or roof lining?

Bourekoue

Hi bigbob

Very rare.
I would prefer both but I realise you can be too fussy which I'm famous for !!!

Bourekoue

Hi Andy.
Yes I've spoken to Nuvolari about that car.
Absolutely what I'm looking for but the price ?
Also concerned how much next years new model will affect my residuals on the GT I purchase.
If that car was 10-15k cheaper and I realise a bit older I would be interested but I'm still debating it.
Has anyone driven the new GT sport automatic model that replaced the S with various improvements and cosmetic changes including sorting out the skyhook ? Is there a noticeable difference?
Also I'm a bit confused that the new sport model came out in 2012 but this nuvolari car which is a 2013 is not the new sport model ?
Thanks

bigbob

I guess if you have very specific demands and someone has the car well....

As for timing, the Sport was built from September 2012 onwards so the car in question could have been built in July 2012 and then registered in spring 2013 - not uncommon with expensive cars.

I recently drove a Sport MC Shift with skyhook and I struggled to compute how it handled differently from my car. You have to remember that when companies' facelift cars they have to come up with spin to try and make people upgrade....take it as you see fit.

Personally I don't like the nose on the Sport so that would put me off buying one. I also prefer the black grill on the GTS Auto but that was replaced for the 2012MY with the chrome one you see on the advert. It's relatively easy to change them and which one looks best depends on the colour of the car - it actually looks ok on the car in the advert but would not look good on the dark blue of my car IMHO.

Bourekoue

Hi Wattie

Thanks for the welcome.
Yes it's perfect except for the price !!!
For that sort of money I'm getting close to 599's but I think I would the prefer the full auto of the maserati to the F1 gearbox in the 599. Any opinions ?

Bourekoue

I say that because I want to drive the car I buy comfortably in town and have heard the F1 gearbox as used in the 599 and MC shift Granturismo is quite jerky at low speed and in start/stop traffic. Thoughts ?

Andyk

Hi Andy.
Yes I've spoken to Nuvolari about that car.
Absolutely what I'm looking for but the price ?
Also concerned how much next years new model will affect my residuals on the GT I purchase.
If that car was 10-15k cheaper and I realise a bit older I would be interested but I'm still debating it.
Has anyone driven the new GT sport automatic model that replaced the S with various improvements and cosmetic changes including sorting out the skyhook ? Is there a noticeable difference?
Also I'm a bit confused that the new sport model came out in 2012 but this nuvolari car which is a 2013 is not the new sport model ?
Thanks

It is a lot of money.......I thought the GT wasn't being replaced for a few years to be honest...

Bourekoue

Really I thought that I thought I read the granturismo was due for a replacement next year,my mistake.

Wattie

Hi Wattie

Thanks for the welcome.
Yes it's perfect except for the price !!!
For that sort of money I'm getting close to 599's but I think I would the prefer the full auto of the maserati to the F1 gearbox in the 599. Any opinions ?

Opinions.....yeah. I was an mc shift owner and it was fantastic....the smiles per gallon at 30mph with the noise, downshifts is total theatre and is second to none...including Ferraris....mine got far more attention and was commented on as being far more classy and exclusive......but there is definately a fragility with these cars so a warranty/fsh is essential.

I wouldn't however buy a non auto one if I lived anywhere hilly.....uphill reverse out of a parking space would spell disaster....that said flat town driving didn't bother me.....always manual though for fun and auto was ****!!!!,

I pine for another.....have name on list for alfieri......but am constantly tempted by old QP GTS...As I now have a 10 day old girl....4 doors essential.......ohhhhhhhh.that engine....noise.....ohhhhhh, another semi.....

Cheers Wattie

My mcshift story here
http://www.atomclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,13029.0.html

Wattie

Hi Wattie

Are you in Cyprus ?
I was in Cyprus, back in the Uk, Bath, for the birth of my daughter and possibly beyond.....we"ll see...thanks for the good wishes.
Good luck with the car hunt, there is undoubtably something unique about maserati...not the quickest, not the most reliable........but they are special and they make you smile, I wish I still had mine.
Cheers Wattie

Cheers Wattie

Bourekoue

Hi Wattie.
I come and go between Cyprus and W-S-M so maybe you will be seeing in my maserati one day soon !

Wattie

Cool, that's a helluva daily commute:lol2:
Hope you find the car you're after, keep us posted!
Cheers Wattie