Wanted Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS 4.7 09-13

Bourekoue

Hi I'm currently actively seeking a Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS in an unusual colour.
Most of the ones for sale are black which I don't want.
The exterior colours I'm considering are grigio nuvolari,grigio touring,argento luna and rosso mondiale and other out of range colours although I'm open to any offers or suggestions anyone might have.
The interiors colours I'm considering are cuoio,pearl beige,avorio and sabbia preferably with the alcantara seats and inserts although I'm open to any other offers or suggestions anyone might have.
I would greatly appreciate anyone offering help or anyone with such a car for sale getting in touch.
Many thanks.

Bourekoue

Hi thanks for the reply but I've already spoken to Richard and he trying to help source a car with great difficulties, I will be viewing his Fuji GTS soon but I'm truly not sure if that colour is for me.

Jon

Welcome Bourekoue!

Guess that means I'm not the new boy any more. :blushed:

I can recommend Grigio touring with Rosso interior!

bigbob

The GranTurismo might be an easier find as QP sales were pretty low post the facelift as most people bought the coupe/convertible or waited for the new QPVI.

Bourekoue

Hi bigbob

Thanks for your reply.
I have come to realise this through my extensive searching,that's why I'm considering both the qp sport gts and the gt s auto.
If you don't mind me sharing a few personal details with you all then maybe you can all advise on the pros and cons of both cars.
Last year I got married and last month we had our first baby so I'm looking to be a bit less selfish with my next car purchase and have some room for the rest of my family with more hopefully on the way in the future.
So I was considering the qp sport gts and to meet my seating needs but on the other hand the gt s auto seats four in comfort. I believe the qp is more understated, more of a q car if you like although not with the sport button pressed !!! I know the gt s auto is more sporty looking but how would you guys sum up the driving differences between the two. I have test driven both but did so at their launch so am not fully recollective of their driving characteristics although I remember I enjoyed both immensely.I like both cars a lots although I'm not completely sold on the granturismo's rear lights.
Any thoughts and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Bourekoue

Also wanted to say how disappointed I was with the look of the new QP.
I remember saying to myself wait for that hoping they would just iron out some issues and add more power but they managed to destroy the cars beauty and character.
Feel very sad about that, would not choose one over the old one even at the same price.

Andyk

Not many if any in the colours you have asked for....Seen a Rosso in Europe but not here......There are two in red over here but a little darker and more metallic than Rosso.....May find one in Touring but the other two I wouldn't think so...GT S is a rare car and as you say most are black or you can get one in Gringio Granito.....There was also a light grey one for sale as well. on Piston heads..Not sure if thats sold...

Dyer3200

Hi and welcome great choice of car if you can find one - VVS in Kent appear to have one in Grigio Silver and the seats have alcantara inserts
There was a navy blue one for sale recently but that seems to have sold

Dyer3200

Forgot to mention the VVS car is only a 4.2 - be interested in your thoughts on Richards Bianco Fuji car

bigbob

Hi bigbob

Thanks for your reply.
I have come to realise this through my extensive searching,that's why I'm considering both the qp sport gts and the gt s auto.
If you don't mind me sharing a few personal details with you all then maybe you can all advise on the pros and cons of both cars.
Last year I got married and last month we had our first baby so I'm looking to be a bit less selfish with my next car purchase and have some room for the rest of my family with more hopefully on the way in the future.
So I was considering the qp sport gts and to meet my seating needs but on the other hand the gt s auto seats four in comfort. I believe the qp is more understated, more of a q car if you like although not with the sport button pressed !!! I know the gt s auto is more sporty looking but how would you guys sum up the driving differences between the two. I have test driven both but did so at their launch so am not fully recollective of their driving characteristics although I remember I enjoyed both immensely.I like both cars a lots although I'm not completely sold on the granturismo's rear lights.
Any thoughts and recommendations would be highly appreciated.

Fully understand your process - I only bought my 3200GT to replace an SL500 due to incoming small people. Whilst over the last 13 or so years I have owned three Maserati Coupes', though, none of them have ever been a main car. Yes, it's great to be able to carry all the family but the Coupes are not big enough for holidays in my opinion - others may differ.

I have only driven a 4.2 QP (auto) so can't fully comment but the GT is based on a shortened QP floorplan and uses the same engines and gearboxes so I can't see the 4.7 engined cars driving very differently.

bigbob

Also wanted to say how disappointed I was with the look of the new QP.
I remember saying to myself wait for that hoping they would just iron out some issues and add more power but they managed to destroy the cars beauty and character.
Feel very sad about that, would not choose one over the old one even at the same price.

Mee too. I've had the V6 petrol for a week and it drives very well but it is a gentle design with little flare. I could like it if it was smaller but on the profile the rear doors just look like those from a long wheelbase version and I would want the short wheelbase. I do feel that Maserati has not really got the Ghibli/QP thing right as there are aspects of both that I like but neither look quite right to my mind. I do wonder whether a SWB and LWB QP was really the way to go but too late now......

Bourekoue

Hi Andy

I saw the one Rosso ferrari colour Tom Hartley had but it was a little overpriced IMO. Since joining the forum I've also seen Fred's rosso Mondiale that got hit and have pm'd him to see if he's interested in sale. The only nuvolari ones I've found so far are LHD and I've not seen any grigio touring ones for sale for quite some months.was the grigio alfieri one you saw at Romans and have you seen that colour in person?
The Grigio granito looks almost black to me,have you seen that colour in person ?
I know everyone has their own taste but what colours do you personally like on the GT S ?

Bourekoue

Hi bigbob
Thanks for your replies.
I totally agree with you regarding the new QP, goodish drive but no flair or passion. That's not Maserati,it's merc or BMW or audi.
So you think that the only benefits the QP has over the GT is a larger boot and the third seat in the back ?
Which do you prefer out of the two ?

bigbob

I guess what I own gives my preference but it depends what else you drive. We have four cars - SUV, coupe, hatch and convertible - so the GranTurismo fits in well with that but the QP could do as an only car for a family perfectly well whereas the GranTurismo would probably struggle.

rd993

Hi bigbob
Thanks for your replies.
I totally agree with you regarding the new QP, goodish drive but no flair or passion. That's not Maserati,it's merc or BMW or audi.
So you think that the only benefits the QP has over the GT is a larger boot and the third seat in the back ?
Which do you prefer out of the two ?

I can probably add something as I have a Granturismo S Auto and a one year old child. The Granturismo is suprisingly good as a family car in that you are correct it seats 4 in comfort and the rear seats are big enough for child seats etc. The seats automatically slide forward when you tilt them which is another convenient feature. The boot is ok as long as all the baby stuff you buy is the compact version (bugaboo bee etc). We have been on trips for a week with luggage and all has been fine.

However, it is not ideal for 2 main reasons. 1) Frankly a coupe is not great with child seats - it is ok and the convenience features help, but there is an element of compromise to deal with. You get used to it though. 2) Whilst the boot is ok, if you were going away with more luggage, it is not big enough. Also, I suspect with 2 kids, it will not be practical for any long distance trip as the buggies get bigger and you need to transport more stuff.

So from my perspective, if my family expands, I will either buy a second car or a bigger car. If I go for the bigger car, it is likely to be a Quattroporte V S or GTS. If I was buying my first Maserati with one child and the expectation that another will follow, I think I would buy the QP.

Lastly, the QP is marketed as being able to seat 4 in the back, but the central seat is a bit of a joke - it is, in reality, a four seater.

npaskin

Since joining the forum I've also seen Fred's rosso Mondiale that got hit and have pm'd him to see if he's interested in sale.
He sold it some time ago, and bought a Fisker! Haven't seen him on the forum for a long time. If you hunt through the threads you'll find a mention of the car with someone else but I don't think they are on the forum. Naturally, I think you have made a fine choice of vehicle; and no, mine is not for sale :)

N

Last edited: