Power steering cooler radiator

alfatwo

Thanks for that so again why the price difference. We cannot keep saying the price hikes are ik they are not. We go and buy gold we pay the price. These coolers are so simple their must be someone reading this who has conbections with persons who fabricate cooling systems. Two flanges three meters of tube 30 fins and a bend £1k are we stupid? Brake pipes on an old motor of mine fabricated for one of my old cars. I just cannot understand the cost 800 - 900 £ mark up. Your thoughts

I suppose Fiat are still trying to recoup build costs 15 years later..

if you'll able to make a replacement for a couple of hundred quid go for it.

Dave

Slowly

I agree (and sorry that as I don't / can't do my own repairs so couldn't provide photos). I suppose that as the US spec one was only ~£100 and could be adapted to the UK spec for those who used independents and weren't prepared to pay over £1k then there wasn't a great deal of demand for an aftermarket one. However now that OEM are unavailable and if Maserati push the price up for the US variants significantly when the new batch is produced it will be worth someone's time making an aftermarket one. When I picked up my car yesterday I was told that the one supplied by Stuart was said to appear perfectly acceptable and fitted without problems; after all, as you say, it is a length of finned pipe doubled back on itself with a couple of connectors on the end.

I suppose ultimately manufacturers charge what the market will bear - like watches. [Edited to remove long and boring parallels with the pricing of mechanical watches!].

Needamaser

Didn't realise there was already a thread running on this.

Eurospares don't know what the difference is (if any) but very helpful MD went away to check and advises there is NO difference in the parts themselves. Only issue is Maserati will not supply them with the US part at £80!
Will be curious to see what the story is when the part arrives but MD was pretty sure of his facts.

petronic

Very strange sounds like x files. I was informed a modification was needed to make it fit. Never told what again was it a cunning plan to extract more cash from me by a dealer your thoughts please

petronic

Did it bolt on with no issues? Or was the correct part sold sent to you and is in fact a uk one? Has anyone got the 2 together and done a physical comparison

petronic

Statement i brought my one from Eurospares and was told the US one. Something strange is going on. I want to chage my one over but not until the truth is told.

petronic

Will investigate fabrication i will not pay extortionate prices. Or i swop to a skyline and save ££££££.

Zep

Thats the US part and I am told it will fit with modification.

item 253262544455 is the revised part and about the same price....

Needamaser

Thats the US part and I am told it will fit with modification.

item 253262544455 is the revised part and about the same price....

I went through this is depth a couple of years ago.
I bought 2 " left hand drive " units for £100 brand new.
One went on my car to replace the leaking unit and other went onto Conaero's GS without any modification.
Maserati only made one part. Both identical.
Only difference was the part number. Why there were two numbers I have no idea but now lhd and rhd part numbers are the same and price changed as well.
I bought from Eurospares before they twigged there was no difference in the part.
At the time it was £100 or £1000+ depending which part number you ordered.
Matt will confirm part was identical to his leaking unit.