Just Bought a Mito for Ira...(Me!)

midlifecrisis

Just popped out today to look at a 2013 Mito distinctive in blue ended up buying an Alfa Red one instead. 2012 with the 1.4TB engine, so alfter three years of Maserati ownership, 20 years of Kawasaki owner ship (I've had 4 of them), a BMW, (We won't talk about my current Seat, the Rover or the Astra) I can now call myself, a petrol head!

Pick it up next week! Looking forward to the drive back...

Duetto

As an Alfista I congratulate you on your choice, although I'm not a huge fan of the Mito myself. Actually, the fact that Alfa only offered the Mito and Giulietta forced me to switch to used Maseratis four years ago, and now I own a 4200 CC and a Granturismo S, which means a lot of lost revenue for Alfa.

Mr.Cambio

My diesel day drive is a mito..perfect for the job and with lotls of accessories. Today i'm having the breaks measured for brembo upgrade.
Congrats Martin, if you need any help, just let me know.

Fangio63

I replaced my 1.9 jtdm 147 with a new Mito... as it was not economic to insure my son on the 147... We got the 875cc Twin Air with 105 hp.... and its turning out to be an absolute hoot to drive...(forget the mpg figs tho)... he loves the look of it in Sportiva trim.... dunno why you don't see more of them on the road...

dem maser

what mpg are you getting? im tempted for the 500 twinair for work, they will contribute £150 pm for a car

Fangio63

Seldom better than 32mpg average... seems to make only a little difference whether the DNA switch is on Dynamic or Normal... so its always on the Dynamic for me... and Normal for the Mrs and the learner....

You have to drive it like a nun to get anywhere close to the claimed mpg... that said ours is used mainly in town or for tooling round country roads... It's great on the motorway.. but we use the others for that sort of trip.. and I guess thats where reasonably behaved acceleration will be rewarded with better mpg..

But they look great I think.. and I love the sound... and handle fine... ride a bit coarse.. but excusable on a little hatchback.. all the bits inside Uconnect etc seem to work fine too... and we did a deal on a new one (pre-reg with 10 miles on it) at a little better than 20% off..

all in ..quite reminiscent of an 80's XR2...

Fangio63

Ironically the 1.9 147 jtd I sold for the Mito averaged 38mpg no matter what and was 50mpg + on a long trip... not unusual to be 42/45 round town either..

but petrol cheaper than diesel - and I'm guessing that will get worse - and the nil congestion charge, nil road tax with my mileage for the Mito clinched it..

The 500 might be a bit better.. I think its a lighter car..

vantastic

I drove a twin air the other week at the Alfa proving ground, its good for what it is and a city car full stop. I hit the rev limiter in every gear trying to get it move and no chance of overtaking with out a 2 mile run up.