Wheel bearings

Steve GS

Hi anyone had a wheel bearing changed on there GS and would you let me know wat you paid I've been quoted just over £300 would like to know if that's a good price for this.
And or is there a Cheper alternative part

Parisien

Its a combined unit with ABS sensor, they used to be £600 odd....is that for a new/genuine part?

P

Steve GS

That's the part only from eurospares. If that's a genuine part I don't know. I don't fancy paying any more than that.

Steve GS

It's the sensor that's gone I belive as was told there is no play in wheel what so ever.
So I'm thinking can the sensor be replaced. Or is it just best to replacer the bearing

conaero

Forum Owner
Can you get the numbers off it or box, or whatever, as it would be good to find an alternative route. Drewf has a mate who owns a bearing company so it might be good to run it under his nose first.

drewf

That's funnier to me than you might imagine Matt - we've been calling him 'Big Nose' for years, purely to wind him up :D

Steve GS

The bad thing about it the sensor can come of and swaped over so why not sold separatly. I've now booked in to have it fitted but I'll keep the old one if you want to use it for forum research

Parisien

That's funnier to me than you might imagine Matt - we've been calling him 'Big Nose' for years, purely to wind him up :D

I take it he has a neat button nose then.......or like lofty on "It aint half hot mum"...........at 5' 2"....he has a honk like Cyrano De Bergerac......;)

P

jayblue

My GS had a wheel bearing replaced by its previous owner and the bill including fit was £500.

£300 sounds about right for the bearing itself based on that i think.

drewf

I take it he has a neat button nose then.......or like lofty on "It aint half hot mum"...........at 5' 2"....he has a honk like Cyrano De Bergerac......;)

P

It's a fairly ordinary nose, but for some reason he thinks it's above average size and he's sensitive about it. Dog eat dog rules therefore apply. :)

Parisien

Cruelty at its most refined..............sniff out his weakness, then the jugular at every opportunity by the sounds of it

P

outrun

Classic SM thread diversion.

Like Radio 1's tenuous links, i'm not quite sure what Cyrano de Bergerac's nose has to do with wheel bearings.

Nice work boys, top technical help from the world's favourite Maserati forum!

Parisien

.....we do seem to please the Maseratisti of world in an almost nonchalant way...........sometimes effortlessly .....;)

P

Petbri

Hi anyone had a wheel bearing changed on there GS and would you let me know wat you paid I've been quoted just over £300 would like to know if that's a good price for this.
And or is there a Cheper alternative part

Just having one of mine done at the moment. To investigate the noise and replace it comes in at £606 + VAT at Emblem. Luckily covered by the warranty.

marios kriticos

SPONSOR: Autosheild
At £300 must be a used part , when it comes to wheel bearing fit new .
Also be aware there two different ones the only way you can tell is from the wire on the back of it , it will be black or blue and they are different .
It also better to order on the chassis as sometime maserati fitted the wrong colour sleeve over the wire as we found out once while working on Franks 4200 .
Marios