First Post - Placed a deposit on an GTS MC Shift today :) Picking her up next week :)

mcs

Hi all,

Great forum and loads of information. This morning I placed a deposit on a Black 4.7 MCS with Nuvola London. Went in to see Nareman not knowing what the Maserati's are all about (Have had a DB9, XKR (5.0), M6, M5, M3 and a CGT) but after a good 1.5 hours with Nareman and the car I was sold! Some prep work to be done before I get her picked up next week. That bloody noise when driving around London streets bouncing off the walls is going to cause me sleepless nights now - bloody insane sounding car!

Any driving/maintenance tips etc would be appreciated from you experts :D

I have noticed that some cars have carbon fibre front wing splitters and although only cosmetic they do really look the part - anyone know where I can get hold of these at an un-extortionate price? Also some of the interior trim like the sport button and gear buttons are losing their upper coating - how easy/hard is it to change these buttons?

I will post pics up next week :)

conaero

Forum Owner
Welcome and what a great choice of car, you'll be very happy with that!

Can't help with the MC (Maserati Corsa) front splitter, try contacting Noor from Toreno Performance, one of our sponsors.

As for reliability they are pretty good.

There has been some cases of peeling trim on the dash, glovebox delaminates from the bottom as do various other panels. Rear lights had a recall so check those have been done. Brakes seem to be the biggest bugbear. Due to the weight I don't think the steel front discs are really up to the job.

Check for a 'ping' from the rear axle when you go from reverse to first and pull away, this is worn driveshaft splines.

Nareman is a great guy and very well regarded so he is aware of all of this and sure its already been taken care of.

Can we see some pics when you've quite finished showboating???

mcs

Thank you Carmanv2 much appreciated :D

Thanks Conaero - tbh I have no idea what I'm buying as don't know much about these cars except that they sound amazing so thanks for the tips:D Having said that I did my research on Nuvola and have no doubt I am in the right hands. For some reason I believe everyword Nareman says - seems like a great honest chap. He is sending the car in to his usual dealers for a full health check before handing it over to me. I have asked for the clutch life and info on Lamda sensors as that is what I read up on here but Nareman says it is too early to be worrying about the sensors and the clutch should be fine - I hope the inspection conforms this.

safrane

You can get new buttons to replace the worn ones...I did a group buy for 10 sets for the GS earlier this year.

Andyk

HI MCS and a big welcome to the forum......Nareman is a good guy and knows his Maserati...Good choice by the way....What one did you buy..The black one with black leather, red stitching and black wheels.........

zagatoes30

Welcome as you will soon find out the knowledge and help from SMers on here is invaluable to Maser ownership.

Andyk

HI MCS and a big welcome to the forum......Nareman is a good guy and knows his Maserati...Good choice by the way....What one did you buy..The black one with black leather, red stitching and black wheels.........

Or I could be wrong as I see the black Auto has sold.....?

Andyk

Lovely car...Bet you are pleased....and you are right the noise is just amazing...

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome, mcs. Mine's a Nuvola car and your assessment of Nareman is spot on. The car as well is just amazing. I love it to bits. Smile every time I see it, grin like an idiot when I start it and can't stop smiling for hours after I've driven it.

Enjoy! (although frankly how could you not).

mcs

Welcome, mcs. Mine's a Nuvola car and your assessment of Nareman is spot on. The car as well is just amazing. I love it to bits. Smile every time I see it, grin like an idiot when I start it and can't stop smiling for hours after I've driven it.

Enjoy! (although frankly how could you not).

Thanks Adam, very glad to hear that reassurance :)

Btw going back to my original post does anyone know where I can get thos Carbon front lips? Had a look on Noors website and he does not seem to have these.

Also what did you guys drive before your Maserati? Im coming from an XKR and most recently a DB9...

c4sman

Congratulations on your purchase MCS. Look forward to seeing some pics. This is one purchase you will enjoy, enjoy enjoy!

Andyk

Thanks Adam, very glad to hear that reassurance :)

Btw going back to my original post does anyone know where I can get thos Carbon front lips? Had a look on Noors website and he does not seem to have these.

Also what did you guys drive before your Maserati? Im coming from an XKR and most recently a DB9...

I don't have a MAserati currently but had a 3200 a number of years back and came from a string of Lotus to Maserati..Elise and Exige.

mcs

Was awaiting a report on the Clutch life and it is all good - so it's all go - Picking her up Monday evening ....ahh the waiting pain !

FF1078

Hi MCS and welcome to the "Fold"
Great choice of car
I came from a comfy Range Rover Sport and was dredding the ride but it's surprisingly comfy even in "sport" mode, as you'll leave it in that mode 99% of the time because of the noise.
I thought I would have had to get rid of mine by now, wifey didn't like the Audi RS6 because it was too harsh but she loves the Mazza
Looking forward to seeing some pictures of yours as soon as you have her
Here's a shot of mine to keep you going
20141011_141934[1].jpg