Stroke Association bash at Castle Combe

safrane

Sadly im in London that weekend otherwise I would be driving there in the day...as you say it's a great cause and you can drive as much and as fast as you want as long as you take paying guests around with you...and at the end of the day a few more laps on your own.

Almichie

I'd be happy to make contact with the charity (unless someone else has done already?) and see if it is possible. It's very local to me (15 minutes).

Phil H

Having exchanged emails with one of the organisers I've just received the details below; they do need advance confirmation of numbers for paddock parking (for a 'club stand') otherwise parking will be in the public car park. Note the early start! They currently have sufficient track drivers, but will maintain a reserve list to cover those who drop out.

If interested let me know either via this thread or pm me, but do please remember that this is for a charity so we don't want to disappoint them if we say we will be there.

PH

Supercar Saturday 2014 – 25/10/14 Castle Combe Circuit

Entry for Club Stands is £5pp, the area allocated to you will depend on how many cars are in the stand so we need to know as soon as possible, a Paddock plan will be out to you a couple of days before the event. Club stands will need to be in the paddock and set up at 08:30 on the day. We would appreciate if you could print a poster and display it in public spaces available to you to spread the word on the event, these can be found here: www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/display_event.asp?BookingEventID=658

Why not get club members to have a competition of their own in the Autosolo? All they have to do is sign up with the Bristol Motor Club people at the event and off they go. This should be priced at £20-£25 for tuition plus 3 runs on the course. All organised for them, well run and properly timed.

Most importantly, the event is run to generate funds for the Stoke Association and 100% of the money raised (typically £8-10k) goes directly to them on the day. their event page is here: http://www.stroke.org.uk/event/supercarsaturday

We run cars on track in groups of around 15-20 (max of 10 on track bat any one time, the rest having fresh passengers fitted into the car) for approx. 30 minute sessions. Each group will have 3 or 4 sessions. If a car is really popular then we put it out in more sessions to sell more rides - if the driver can take it! The track experience looks like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PingJA-ucXk Weprovide properly fitted helmets and make sure the passenger is fitted into the seat and belts correctly. All you have to do is drive - and tell the passenger about the car.

We will be having a Drift Club from Bristol running 3 separate sessions for anyone insane enough to get in with them... and we sold out last year.

Additionally, Bristol Motor Club is running a competitive AutoSolo event in a fenced in area of the paddock, like this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntgMbvzBz_8

We also have display cars, this year with a Lotus F1 car, Ferrari 458 (too noisy for the track!), etc.

Last year Jason Dawe (Top Gear series 1) was our MC and he has been invited back because he did such a good job.

In attendance we get 1,000-2,000 total car nuts, many in club groups. See last year's PistonHeads thread here:http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...Saturday+26th+Oct.+Stroke+assoc.+Castle+Combe

The guy who founded PistonHeads, Dave Edmonton, is driving with us again this year. Please also check out Pistonheadsfor our thread on this year’s event.

The cars range from a brand new XKR SC 500 on loan from Jaguar to a Radical SR3, MGB GT V8 300 BHP the same but with 400 BHP, MGB V8 4.6, Ferrari 360 Modena, MG ZS V6, Porsche’s, Radicals and the Dominator plus everything in between, ancient and modern, supercars and race cars.

Phil H

Final call:

Folks

CC needs numbers by this Sunday, so unless there's a rush of confirmations in the next 24 hours I will advise them not to allocate space for Maseratis, and subsequent Maserati attendance will lead to the public car park rather than the paddock.

PH

Andyk

Anyone on here going over to this today...Going to take my boys over...Phil will you be there....