Damaged Cat D Assetto Corsa.

Contigo

Sponsor
Looks like a breaker to me. The same to the rear subframe and rest of the pillars looks like this will be a parts bin. Shame, real shame... Amazed at how many of the end up smashed, people generally cannot handle the power and ASBO personality of the 3200.

Andyk

HAd a look on their web site yesterday as there wasn't pictures when I looked at ebay......they sell a few breakers..QP was on he site sold......Was interested to see the damage but now I have not sure what lurks beneath and that's a bit of a rear end shunt....If repairable they are open to offers. Problem is will parts now be difficult to find. The rear lights aint cheap and thats before you start looking for panels.......

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I had a call from 2 other insurance companies recently asking me to put a value on badly crashed AC's too. They're dwindling at a chronic rate.

Almichie

I would seriously have considered buying that, but as Phil has said it just isn't repairable. The crease down over the fuel filler means extensive panel work and I imaging there will be damage to the mid floor section and prop tunnel. Looks like hard hit that one.

A real shame. Think they'll sell me the AR bar?!

davy83

We are rapidly getting a nice collection of colourful descriptions of the 3200 :) "mad as a bag of frogs" and "ASBO personality" i shall make a list. Shame about the car, i wondered if its a clean one i could pop it in the back of the garage and use it to keep my car running! home secretary might not be pleased with that solution i would think.

Looks like a breaker to me. The same to the rear subframe and rest of the pillars looks like this will be a parts bin. Shame, real shame... Amazed at how many of the end up smashed, people generally cannot handle the power and ASBO personality of the 3200.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I think the 'mad as a box of frogs' description refers to the owners of 3200s! ;)

rs48635

Shame. Any know what happened? Looks like it hit something hard gouing backwards - no airbags deployed though?

might not be a true value, but "we buy any car" book it at £7825 :eek:
I know because they value mine at £5125. Just been checking my assets for pending divorce settlement.

Contigo

Sponsor
Greg should be into this but I would imagine it is way over budget at this price for an experienced salvage. Al send Greg a mail asking him to keep an eye out for the AR bar from an AC.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Rob, as I said earlier, he got rear-ended. Too dear for Greg I'd have thought with all that damage.

rs48635

Rob, as I said earlier, he got rear-ended. Too dear for Greg I'd have thought with all that damage.

Ah. Hope driver was okay - all too easy to get hurt, but with that amount of damage. Ouch!
Looks like something pointy hit him ?

StuartW

Such a shame and does look uneconomic to repair if you are concerned about future re-sale value

However, with such excellent pre accident condition, if anyone did take it on and the body work was completed to a high standard, they would have an excellent car.

Mine too was a Cat D that I bought from David Askew who had it repaired and I had no hesitation in buying it whatsoever. The repair is fantastic & you really would not know that it has been written off, but the accident damage was nowhere near as bad as this one. See below, it was very light osr damage which amazingly made it a w/o. It was fully driveable and there were no problems with the suspension geo. It needed the rear wing straitening plus a replacement bumper, boot lid, lights and exhaust box all of which David already had.

It's an interesting debate because as mentioned, I would have no problem in buying a car on the register if it was the right one. In my case, I really wanted a black manual AC so the choice was probably from a pool of say 10 remaining cars of this spec and then finding one for sale.

Attachments

• kodak 121.jpg
    kodak 121.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 8

StuartW

I'd have no worries either. Is that a 164 wing in the background?

C

Good spot. The bodyshop that David used was repairing one at the time.

The full, step by step photos of the repairs helped in me deciding to go ahead and buy this one and I was very happy to have done so.

StuartW

I had a call from 2 other insurance companies recently asking me to put a value on badly crashed AC's too. They're dwindling at a chronic rate.

Sad times Richard, I'm guessing that of the original 75 for the UK, after exports and right offs we could be down to below 50 remaining?