Kent and Sussex Meet - Saturday 18th October

SimonCC

All

A group of us Kent and Sussex Maserati owners will be meeting on Saturday 18th October to catch up, talk Maserati and admire each others cars. All comers are welcome to join us.

We will be meeting at The Star Inn, Matfield, Kent at 12 midday: http://www.pub-explorer.com/olpg/the-starinn/matfield/index.htm

We're expecting a smattering of 3200, 4200, Spyder and GS models (hopefully between 12-15).

Regards, Simon

Contigo

Sponsor
Hi Simon, Sorry for not responding on PM, I doubt I will be able to make this but I will try to get to one of the meets soon, enjoy, the last meet looked very good.

SimonCC

Lee the weather is looking fine for the weekend so looking forward to meeting you as well as the other guys. Hoping to have a section in the car park reserved for the Maseratis.

Sorry you can't make it Phil but it's a long drive and pretty much a whole day for you I expect. Am sure we'll catch up next year at some point.

Simon

Ian3200

Chucking down here, don't fancy the hour and a half drive in this, maybe next time ;-)

SimonCC

Ah OK Ian

Its fine here and supposed to be 19-20 degrees today.

There aee many 3200s coming - its not too late.... :):)

LDM 3200

No rain here!

Many thanks for sorting this Simon, it was good to meet you all.
Good to see so many together - a very good turn out of 3200's too.

mchristyuk

Sorry I couldn't stay for longer, but Riley needed his walk!

Here's some pictures from today.. Looking forward to the next one.

And slightly off topic.. thrashed the car home in Sport mode and it seems to have done it the world of good. The missing horses seem to have magically reappeared! Obviously turning the battery off for 30 mins was just the start of the repair.. the finishing touch was an Italian tune up :)

IMG_1787.jpg
IMG_1788.jpg
IMG_1789.jpg
IMG_1790.jpg

Cheers

Mark

2b1ask1

Special case
Good stuff: was too bogged down to get there myself but would have if I could... Next time maybe

SimonCC

Excellent meet today. Thanks Lee and Mark, likewise.

Thanks for posting fotos Mark - saved me a job there ;-)

A good show today with 9 cars turning up, about 16 people and 1 CockerPoo! Great to see some new faces to join those from last time. Good venue and excellent food, think we can meet here again as pretty central for all. I'll send an email to them to thank them for organising the table without me asking.

Great that Mark, Lee, Howard and Alex turned up as you guys had further to drive, but not such a chore really in a Maserati hey chaps....

Lee seems the 3200s are so common now in these parts ;-)

Sounds like there's nothing a good thrashing doesn't cure Mark, glad car is back to optimum performance!

Maybe we can look to another meet in November perhaps - I'll catch up with Mark to discuss...

Cheers, Simon

SimonCC

Yes Andy all round was a very pleasant way to spend a long Saturday lunchtime!

When we were about to leave the 3 Larini'd 4200s had an appreciative mini-audience - not often folk get to hear such glorious sounds! :alan4:

AlexC

Thanks for organising Simon - great pub, great collection of cars, look forward to the next meet :)

When we were about to leave the 3 Larini'd 4200s had an appreciative mini-audience - not often folk get to hear such glorious sounds! :alan4:

I previously thought my car was quite loud - starting next to you and Gerry made me realise I need to invest in H or X pipes or various other bits! :omg:

macaroni

Jeez, I keep forgetting how bald I am!

It was a great meet, thanks for organising it Simon, and really good to meet more enthusiastic owners.
Shame I missed the 4200 thunder, maybe next time...

Antony

StuartW

Looks like a good meet & I'm sure you all woke up that sleepy looking village, well done!

SimonCC

Thanks Alex and Antony - it worked out well despite last minute change of venue. Mark and I spoke about possibly doing another mid-late November - we can chat via the group email, I think there's interest even if it maybe less cars than last weekend...

Antony bald is now all the rage!!

Alex it is the H-pipe that has taken me over to the dark-side, as while it sounded great pre-H-pipe it was much less imposing - I definitely think it is an acquired taste, and I'm not totally convinced yet although it does sound epic under acceleration.

Gerry has just had a Larini Sports Cat fitted - he says it has noticeably sharpened up throttle response. Could be interesting.... :capricorn:

Are you able to ask the previous owner which section/s of the exhaust he changed on yours?

As you had your roof down following me back I guess you took the full brunt for a few miles. Be honest I won't be offended - is the sound too much??

The offending article is the one to the right below:

Larini H-pipe.jpg

AlexC

As you had your roof down following me back I guess you took the full brunt for a few miles. Be honest I won't be offended - is the sound too much??

I've been wondering with mine whether it might be offensive to people driving behind, but driving behind yours, I liked the sound, didn't think it was too bad :luvit: