Supercas Saturday, Castle Combe, 25th October.

Phil H

Safrane and I went a few years ago when it absolutely precipitated, and I think he's been since then. They get an interesting mix of cars and drivers, although I don't think you would see a repeat of a friend's experience; he paid for a lap in a GT40, and got in to find Mr Surtees at the wheel.

If you guarantee the weather Phil I might tag along.

PH

Almichie

I'm interested in this one as it's so local. What's the deal as there appears to be a very little info: is it turn up and drive or show? I know it's for charity and I'm happy to take passengers as long as it's dry (is bloody scary when wet at Coombe). Super track and very fast...

safrane

Yes done this a few times and had a great time and a great mix of cars and drivers...well worth signing up as a driver for the day.

lisknik

I'm interested in this one as it's so local. What's the deal as there appears to be a very little info: is it turn up and drive or show? I know it's for charity and I'm happy to take passengers as long as it's dry (is bloody scary when wet at Coombe). Super track and very fast... ��

Never seen this event before, (even with living near to combe for so long) so no idea what the deal is, may be worth looking at the Pegasus Car Club website as they are involved.

I know someone that managaed to spin a front wheel drive GTV on the Alfaholics parade lap at combe in the wet hehehe :)

philw696

That wasn't me Nick but I have spun every other car a few caught on camera by you mate.

safrane

I spun the 4200 there with a young lady on a paid lap...she loved it and I said it was planned.

lisknik

Right guys, had a email from the ADC this morn, they are looking for people to do passenger rides, anyone interested give me a shout and i will forward the organizers details onto you, be good to have a few of you masser boys out on track :)

lisknik

Been given permission to share some of the email -

Hi,
I have been forwarded your information by Neil Thomas at Castle Combe Circuit in regards to you possibly being able to help me for the Supercar Saturday in aid of the Stroke Association, I am trying to gather stands and drivers for passenger laps to make the event a big success.
This year's event is on Saturday the 25th of Octoberat Castle Combe and is in fact the 20th event - albeit under various different names. The event format is what you can find in the Pistonheads Link and means we are looking for additional:

• Cars to run on track to provide high-speed passenger rides. For this, the car should be either a race car with full roll over protection fitted or a closed top road car. It could be a supercar or a classic but something which will spark people's interest and make them want a ride! It should have a noise output (MSA noise test) of under 100 dBA ideally but exceptionally, up to 105 can be accepted. The driver should ideally hold a race licence or be an experienced track day driver and I will need to talk to you in person or on the phone before the event to make sure this is right for you.
• Please contact me as below to discuss what you want to bring and how you can best help the Stroke Association with the event
• Supercars and rare cars to display to the public at the event. Please email me with these offers but we're unlikely to say no. Previous displays have included Karts and Motocross bikes, so we're open to anything interesting!
• Car clubs or groups to come along and support the event by enjoying exciting rides on what is one of the fastest circuits in the UK. Please email or call to arrange reserved paddock parking
• Helpers to join the operations team on the day - hard work but terrific fun and a satisfying result

An event poster can be downloaded from the Castle Combe website at:http://www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk/events/display_event.asp?BookingEventID=658

The Stroke Association link is:http://www.stroke.org.uk/event/supercarsaturday

And the Pistonheads forum link is:http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...=Supercar+Saturday+25th+October,+Castle+Combe

I hope you can join us for an exciting day and be part of the team which has raised well over £100,000 to date to support the work of the Stroke Association. This year, as with every year I've been involved, every single penny of revenue goes straight into the hands of the Stroke Association on the day.

For the time being all I need from you is phone number, email address and car details, then in couple of weeks to confirm you are happy with the arrangement of you volunteering your services as a driver or stand.
Any other questions just let me know.
Kind Regards
Jemma

Contact - jem491@icloud.com

Andyk

Nick, just so I'm reading it right it costs £5 to get in...my two boys will be free as they are 5 and 9 and it costs £20 for a ride around track in one of the cars........Is there an age limit or can my two boys get a change to go in the cars? Thanks...

lisknik

Nick, just so I'm reading it right it costs £5 to get in...my two boys will be free as they are 5 and 9 and it costs £20 for a ride around track in one of the cars........Is there an age limit or can my two boys get a change to go in the cars? Thanks...

I think so Andy, and i am not sure on the age limit. Sorry not put much effort into this one had a really busy couple of weeks :(