Stop gears changing when pressing 'SPORT' or 'RACE'

exceed

Wondering if anyone knows of a way to stop the gears from changing when selecting these driving modes?

When I press 'SPORT' I'm usually greeted with a gear higher than I'm already in, and the opposite happens when in 'RACE' (it shifts down).

I'd like no gears to be changed as most of the time I'm in the gear I wanted to be in, and any other gear is just a few clicks away...

Really annoying me, and I'm thinking I may have to get a gearbox remap or something to remove the 'feature'.

Any thoughts at all?

MikeyMaser

I have a GT S MC Shift so it may be different.

After pressing the SPORT button, I press the AUTO button and it shows MC-S in red in the dash display. The gears are then fully manual. This also works when I'm not in SPORT mode and the AUTO indicator goes out to tell you this.

Hope that helps.

exceed

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your response!

However, SPORT and RACE in the MC Stradale automatically turn AUTO off.

I always drive in either SPORT or RACE (so manually changing), when I get in the car I press RACE and if I need to I'll press SPORT to not deafen people for a short time.

It's at that stage that the gear changes!

bigbob

Nice problem to have. I always make sure that I am in manual mode before pressing sport. No race on my car I am afraid.

MikeyMaser

Hi Mikey,

Thanks for your response!

However, SPORT and RACE in the MC Stradale automatically turn AUTO off.

I always drive in either SPORT or RACE (so manually changing), when I get in the car I press RACE and if I need to I'll press SPORT to not deafen people for a short time.

It's at that stage that the gear changes!

Ah ok, so it's the pressing of the button which cause the gear change? Not sure you can get around that apart from just keep it in RACE! :)

exceed

Hah I figured, and don't worry I have no problem keeping it in RACE but getting home and driving through my nearest village at around 2am may start to grate on people's nerves somewhat...

AndyW

Mine does the same and its a 14 model so latest software. I think its justa feature of the gearbox. Other cars I have had did the same when selecting sport or similar - just assumes you want to drop down a few gears for "racing"! :)