Good value QP

stewarttownsend

Thought it was something like that...Thanks Dicky...

When you see this Cat car the green one looks even better value....

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classi...e/np165ly/radius/1500/make/maserati?logcode=p

Yep that one in Devon does look lovely and if got it at 12.5k think it would be a great price for everyday runner with a couple of cans of coke in that cooler ,it would be awesome.

4.7 looking more like Decemeber to get all the funds together and then its the usual christmas chaos, wife still wants the jag XJR I need to get here to see a Maserati.

stewarttownsend

Stupid question

The duo select gearbox in this QP is it the ZF box ? Is that a better box ?

Also how does it work, is it like my tip where you can have drive neutral reverse and it does all the work or you slam in manual and use the paddles to upshiftlondon and downshift ?

bigbob

Stupid question

The duo select gearbox in this QP is it the ZF box ? Is that a better box ?

Also how does it work, is it like my tip where you can have drive neutral reverse and it does all the work or you slam in manual and use the paddles to upshiftlondon and downshift ?

Suggest you start another thread on this alone as the gearboxes are very different and both are better/worse than each other depending on who you ask. I would strongly suggest that you go and drive a DS box car as they are not for all and there is little point in investing more of your time in researching a purchase of a DS car if you do not take to the box.

PS ZF box is the same 6 speed auto that Jag, Audi, LR, BMW etc were fitting before they moved to the 8 speed auto.

Ewan

As you've correctly guessed, with the DS box you can leave it in Auto (the car always defaults to this mode on start-up) and let it do all the work, or you can switch the guns to manual and pull the triggers either side of the wheel. You can even leave it in Auto but over-ride this with the paddles as and when you want/need to.
I tend to leave it an Auto but then make all my own upshifts whilst leaving the computer to take care of the downs.

Ewan

That silver car looks very tired and unloved. Might be okay, but might need a lot of work. Needs a respray of the front end and bonnet, plus rear doors and sills for a start - maybe more. Like with a Porsche, when you see a Maser cheap, there's a reason. It's a bit like buying £8k worth of early 996 - you're almost certain to be in for trouble.

That's said, some people are happy to bat about in a tired looking car they bought on the cheap. And there's nothing wrong with that. It's just not me.

rs48635

Fancy a look at this and ai am in Devon this weekend.
Trying to contact seller via PH but not sure what to add in the "top box" - it just stays red and no confirmation is seen.

Anyone used this facility? (btw I am logged in)

stewarttownsend

I agree it looks sad and deprived...

lol for 8k you can have my 996 it has full rebuilt engine with 10k miles on it with everything done that cost more than 8k :)

rs48635

sussed it - needs email address is forst box. Doh!
WIll report back after viewing, assuming I get a reply.
Cheeky offer 12,500?

stewarttownsend

sussed it - needs email address is forst box. Doh!
WIll report back after viewing, assuming I get a reply.
Cheeky offer 12,500?

Id buy it at that if could get down there, I can't make it until next week and assume it will have gone by then :-(

rs48635

Id buy it at that if could get down there, I can't make it until next week and assume it will have gone by then :-(

Stewart
it does look tidy.
I have no intention of owning two Maserati just yet, but need to go see one again. Maybe I will not love it so much close up, and keep my powder dry for a GranTurismo

rs48635

Owner would prefer to have sold to "one of us", but alas we were all too slow.
Car was driven up to london and sold to dealer for 13k. :sniff:

Andyk

Sounds like it was pretty good then...Expect to see it for a few more thousands on a car site soon...Bum..

stewarttownsend

Sounds like it was pretty good then...Expect to see it for a few more thousands on a car site soon...Bum..

sad, damm work got in the way else I would have bought that until could get funds for tourism... it looked lovely.

Yep expect to see that come back on soon at a higher price....indeed.

At least it well get to a new home soon.