Mrk1 QP GTS

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I could be seriously tempted to offload my QP and upgrade to a 4.7 - is this the same engine in the Gran Turismo - with the same exhaust note ?

A 4.7 S also has the same engine as the Granturismo with a quieter exhaust. It can always be made louder, think someone on here may encourage you to do that ;)

A 4.7 S is a great car and can be had at around £35k+ for a good example. A GTS is upwards of £42k really.

Like BJL says, a duo select QP Sport GT gives the best driving pleasure, with a manual box and flappy paddles, and also without the noise being so extreme.

bigbob

Having driven both the new QP and Ghibli in V6 S (petrol) form, I have to say that the old QP and GranTurismo are very different cars and I will cherish mine. Nothing wrong with the new cars but things have changed a lot in motoring and the older cars have a lot of appeal, not least in the linear power delivery and the ability of the 4.7 engined cars to be slotted into manual 6th at under 40mph and then fully accelerated with that wonderful noise and heavy feeling if that makes sense?

Phil H

Notwithstanding Assettos I'm not a great fan of black interiors, but that is a very nice car Andy.

PH

Andyk

I never used to be a fan of black but as long as it has a different colour stitching I really like it...black with the white stitching on this one I really like plus with two young children black always makes more sense than light colours. As you probably figured I really do love this QP....

Andyk

GTS I believe has a different brakes - Brembo, six iston front callipers.
Different suspension set up - lower 10 mm at front and 25 mm at back.
Different tyres and bigger at the back I think - 295/30 against the 285/30
A different sports exhaust as well i believe which was louder.
The interior had leather and alcantara on seats and steerinf wheel and also carbon fibre trim.
Redesigned front sports seats.
Exterior had the black instead of chrome around the windows and body colour door handles plus the exhaust had a black finish not silver.
20inch dark chrome alloys as standard where as I think the SPort GT had them in silver as standard.

Performance is unchanged from the rest of the Auto range but it was about the driving experience which was focused on a sporty drive.

Dyer3200

Thank you, a few subtle changes but not enough for me to justify the cost to change - even with man maths :smile:

Wattie

Thank you, a few subtle changes but not enough for me to justify the cost to change - even with man maths :smile:
I disagree, these aren't subtle changes at all.....they transform the car and give it a totally different character......think normal Granturismo and MC shift.
Cheers Wattie

BJL

If the question is 'what is the difference between the 4.2 versions of each' then they are significant in that the gts has a first generation ZF full auto box on the back of the engine and turn in has noticeably more front dive plus 0 to 60 is 5.6 not 5.0 as in the sport gt and top speed is 165 at best but no one I have met yet has topped 150 in one. Whereas 175 is there for the taking in a run in Sport GT. On the up side the gts does have the Bilstein set up which does make the car feel more planted.
The auto plus fewer being made will have a wider appeal but for the wrong reasons imo

Andyk

I disagree, these aren't subtle changes at all.....they transform the car and give it a totally different character......think normal Granturismo and MC shift.
Cheers Wattie

Would agree...as did the motoring press....Hailed as the car that the QP should have been......The 4.2 GTS seems to be holding it's value well to. They have been sat at 27 to 30k for some time now and as they are pretty rare should not lose much it well looked after. There are a number of Sport GT's and Exec GT's for sale at 25 to 27 as well in the classifieds and for me the GTS is well worth a few K more.........but if you want a more comfortable QP then the standard car or Exec GT is probably for you.