russpay

Hi to all out there! I still have to pinch myself every time I look out of the window at my new toy out on the drive (4200 manual) .
What an incredible car this is for the money - so much understated style, amazing performance and the sound of victory every time the V8 is opened up! I'm going to be taking it to kent high performance for a check over / service as the airbag light has been permanently on ( common fault I read) and there are a few rattles and idling noises I would like to be reassured about but other than that I can't stop smiling! Any other things I should ask them to look out for? Many thanks and best regards Russ

Andyk

A big warm welcoe to the forum russpay................You 4200 looks amazing in red....one of the best colours in my eyes. Make sure you post some pictures up for us all to see if you get chance as we would all love to see her.....and they are amazing value for money without a shadow of a doubt.

philw696

Welcome mate to the 4200 world.
They are so good I'm on my second.
Enjoy your car and fettling her is part of the relationship.
Phil.

highlander

welcome russ. 42s are, as you say, largely under-appreciated cars by the populous, but they are as well as a best kept secret, excellent machines........love the red:numberone:

drewf

Welcome Russ - you've joined at a time when the forum is going to be a tad quieter than normal, with so many of us on the way to Modena.

Great choice of car, hope you find every possible chance to enjoy it!

CliveP1

welcome Russ, they really do put a smile on your face then you turn the key and the smile never goes. just sit back and enjoy.

CatmanV2

Welcome Russ.

Airbag light has a high probability of being the passenger de-activation switch in the glove box. Common Alfa part and beans to fix.

C

Chrisbassett

missing doris chris?:capricorn:

Yup. It's not helping that we agreed this weekend that I'd be stuck in London until at least end of October now, so I could have held on to her for a couple more months. Or that I can't afford the time to fly out to Modena and join in as trying to juggle too many things at once already.

russpay

thanks so much I will investigate first to see if I can sort it. Can I find the number of the replacement part or shall I just google de activation switch glove box 4200!!?

russpay

awwsome! thanks a million - just bought it so I can get kent high performance to fit it when they give the car the once over. I wouldn't mind having a go myself but from what I've read the light needs a reset from the diagnostic software in order to reset it, unless you know otherwise?

Andyk

BLoody ****...How much....It would be better to travel else where as thats seems a lot of pennies for an hour..........