blue facelift on ebay

conaero

Forum Owner
Agreed it does look like a lovely car, can you divulge what you think the damage is?

Evo Cymru

Think this car was for sale in the spring this year? Wasn't it at Bristol Italian Car Day too? If its the same car I recall it had been serviced by Gallio...

neilcharlton

I can't really go into too much details on a public forum; but I did a lot of investigation into the car as I was going to buy it. Initially the bonnet had been resprayed and was mis aligned, the front bumper was mis aligned , it had failed its MOT down to a suspension issue , it was then re tested at a different station , only to pass on an advisory. I then managed to dig up a lot more worrying information so I pulled out.
The guy who is selling it purchased it at an auction without an inspection.

People on this forum always keep banging on about how important an pre purchase inspection is , this is a classic example where you would be left with a massive bill if you purchased on sight.

Note how he now says : "an inspection welcome as long as its on my drive" - he knows exactly what's wrong with it , and I don't agree that he's trying to pull the wool over peoples eyes. Hence my warning to other forum members.

SimonCC

Neil do you know when and where he bought this car from?

Reason I ask is because I had an inspection done on a very similar car which came up with a list of horrors - it wasn't on the same private plate but I wonder if it could be the same car.

Car I looked at was being sold by lotus newcastle - I guess it had been punted around the dealer network looking for some poor unlikely sole to buy it...

mikeey_boiy

Great disclosure as well:

Note: This description is provided by the vendor and unless otherwise stated is 'Not Verified' by Barons or any person employed by Barons. Prospective purchasers are advised to satisfy themselves as to the accuracy of any statements made, whether they be statements of fact or opinion.