New member from germany, introducing and first problem....

Range-Rover

Dear sirs, I am so happy about your help, it is very fine to see your Engagements, the "misfires" are after 10 minutes driving, if driving for example with 1500 U/min in fifth gear, and give power, than Comes no power, only stuutering. But tomorrow I will clean this both sensors. So I say THANK YOU to all members here, who help me, in german Forum that is not normal, they only read and give no answers...., good night from Düsseldorf, Uli

IAB

Hi RR Try going back to basics, misfire petrol or electrical?. Have you changed the petrol filter in the boot next to the petrol tank. The filter is a Bosch item used by other cars therefore cheap. Have you reset the throttle? Ignition on for 2 mins without starting then turn off, Ignition on without starting throttle to the floor for 5 seconds, release turn off. TDC camshaft and crankshaft sensors are affected by heat build-up work ok cold then the signal will breakup when hot. The boost valve or pierburg valve (£20 from eurospares ) is mounted on the left hand cylinder head looking towards the engine . Look at the throttle body there is a thin black rubber tube /pipe this is the boost valve vent pipe follow this back to the valve. The boost valve is a solenoid so testing is easy look at the electrical connection this is prone to corrosion as the pins are not sealed in a protective boot. On my car a boost valve problem gave no boost no turbo whoosh sound and no blow off valve shoosh sound. Cleaned the valve out with switch contact. A semi- blocked fuel filter made the car feel if the ignition timing had slipped and retarded at higher revs. Hope this helps Andrew

Range-Rover

Dear new friends..., the problem seems to be solved: when starting the ignition, there was no CE light to see, after looking behind the instrument panel, I could see, that there was no CE light inside!!!! I bought one at the local Alfa Romeo dealer, because we have here in Düsseldorf no Maserati Service Point (only LUEG-sportivo, they are the incompetentest garage around 100 miles), after fitting I drived to Maserati in Essen, they read the faults (one knock sensor, low battery, and some more from the last years...), and in the evening arrived the 8 new spark plugs from GB, after fitting them, the car runs very well !!! Also I ordered two new knock-sensors, the are here much cheaper, because they are the same like Alfa Romeo 166 from 1998, will fit them next week. (a six hour job, I believe...) So I say THANK YOU VERY MUCH to all friends here in the fine forum for your help, will inform you of course about all steps with my car. And how it is possible to send photos in my posts?

Best regards from Düsseldorf, Uli

Contigo

Sponsor
Well done Uli, sounds like someone has tried to deceive and hide a fault by removing the CEL which to be fair in these cars is on most of the time! :D

Chrisbassett

Very happy to hear it's sorted out Uli.

It sounds like the previous owner was either deceived or deceiving themselves if there are years of codes in there. I hope that solves everything and you get many thousands of trouble-free kilometres out of her.

May be worth a quick trip to the UK, visit one of our wonderful independent garages and get a full health check done...and meet a few forum members of course!
: )

StuartW

Good news Uli & you can now enjoy one of the best models made - a nero, manual 3200 - you have impeccable taste!

safrane

To embed a photo into your post you need to go to the Advanced button next to reply. It will give you a different screen which also includes a paper clip symbol to attach an image. If I recall correctly there is a post or help guide on here.

davy83

check the cover under the plenum chamber is not loose, these are problematic, while you are in there, and check the short water hoses for cracking and degradation, also prone to failure. not unheard of for there to be a slight water leak which affect the knock sensors which are in the bottom of the VEE so any water gathers around the sensors.

Range-Rover

Dear Maserati friends, today fitted the two knock sensors in my 3200GT, they are from the Alfa 166, 1999 year, cost me both only round 36 GBP!!!!! Was an easy job, only one of the 16 screws had to push out, and one seal from the manifold to the engine was defect, want to buy a new one at the official dealer LUEG sportivo in Meerbusch near Düsseldorf (of course they have not such an expensive part, typical for this dealer), so I get it from the regular supermarket for working accesoires. The coolant manifold also very easy to build away, also the starter motor, the sensors are the same like Alfa 166, so easy to change, cleaned all parts there, was only very very very little piece of green water under the coolant manifold, but on the last 10.000km the car didn´t need any coolant, there is all ok. The work was 5 (five) hours all incl., that was ok I believe. Car starts and runs very well!