Drivers window problem

Brendan

Noticed over the weekend that the window was not closing fully but a few inches short when I locked it, so I pulled the window up to make the gap less noticeable as I was out.

When I press the window switch I can hear the motor but no window movement up or down. I have noticed the window can be pulled up but it will gradually fall back down. I took the door card off but could not see much. The window regulator does not seem to be engaging properly but as this is on the bottom LHS I cannot see it very clearly. I am assuming when I pulled the window up I dislodged something.

Are there any photos of how the window regulator should look in operation? The bit with teeth on does not seem to be in contact with anything?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Stewart

There is a how to fix on here somewhere, I have taken mine off twice and repaired,first time spring helper was off, thus cogs on arm not engaging with motor, second time welded length of rod onto arm to strengthen , still working.

Stewart.

Stewart

Brendan, info is on maseratie life site,sorry I did not keep link,
Good luck, if u need any more info pm.
Strwart.

Stewart

No that's not the one, it was posted with instructions and pics.on the full repair of winder mech.
If you have taken door card off you are half wat there, remove foam sound deadening? You will then see the bolts holding in the motor and if you get window to bottom you will see two bolts holding glass on to winder.

Remove bolts and pull glass up to top, tape up using masking tape or duck, then remove bolts holding in motor ,after some fiddling you will get unit out bottom .

You should see problem.. Bent tooth sproket or broken teeth, spring helper jumped off,
Replacement unit is available if unit us, from alpha romeo at normal prices.

Hope this helps a wee bit, if you find proper link it shows complete repair.it is on us site.

Brendan

Need a new window regulator. Garage want £440.00 plus vat!

Is the part from an alfa does anyone know?

Ta

conaero

Forum Owner
Its never £440, try Ross at Meridien, its about £150.

the parts are very similar to an Alfa GTV, the later ones have the auto drop so look for the microswitch.

the GTV is at a different angle so the actual metalwork regular is different, but you can rag the motor and gears from it, maybe buy a new GTV one then you know it will last.

Mine collapsed, the welds gave way and the thing dropped to the floor. £10 fix at the local engineering place.

Brendan

Its never £440, try Ross at Meridien, its about £150.

the parts are very similar to an Alfa GTV, the later ones have the auto drop so look for the microswitch.

the GTV is at a different angle so the actual metalwork regular is different, but you can rag the motor and gears from it, maybe buy a new GTV one then you know it will last.

Mine collapsed, the welds gave way and the thing dropped to the floor. £10 fix at the local engineering place.

I spoke to Ross and they are £436 plus vat.

The GTV will this fit all will it need adjusting a lot. The old one has split in 2 and is beyond repair though the motor is still working

conaero

Forum Owner
Jeez, they have shot up!

What exactly is broken specifically. You have the frame or regulator which is the big X metal brace and you have the microswitch and the motor and gearbox. Its usually the motor or gearbox that goes and with some engineering, you can fit the GTV one into it.

I think you need the 4 pin connector, check yours first as this means 2 are for the motor and the other 2 are for the microswitch, £85 new off ebay:

window.jpg

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ALFA-ROME...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item5668f4854a

Brendan

Thanks for this, it's split in the middle of the X where it turns against the other part. So apart from whether it's a 2 or 4 pin connector what else needs adapting..?