4200 on ebay

Chrisbassett

A project car that could be brought into line quite quickly or could just turn into a nightmare. If I was a Phil with skills and time and space and tools and money I might just consider it.

highlander

listen to the voice in your head and step away from the dark side!
yes, 3k could garage fix it but could just as easy be 10k........just too many unknowns and given lack of history, hint of an unregistered repair I would run, not walk away!............and those yellow peepers are not to my taste yeuchhh.

philw696

Okay guys looking at the advert and not seeing it in the flesh it would need to be cheaper.
Although I bought my current one blind.
I also bought the Ferrari 456 with out seeing it 275 miles away.
Chris I have the tools and the skills but not loads of money mate.
I would do another project though.
Is anyone near to take a look and pm me their thoughts ?
Phil.

philw696

None of them are perfect. After all they are female.
Just looking at the pics the passenger is a different colour.
Even though parts can be more expensive than other marques trust me a couple of grand can buy a lot of genuine parts.
What kills them is they can be labour intensive at high labour rates.
Looking at the forum I think a lot of you guys earn good money.
I think there are more professional people on here than trades people.
I would like to point out that I'm a professional tradesman.
Just want to get you thinking out of the box.
Phil.

Chrisbassett

I'm very jealous of the fact that you and Newton can have a go at this kind of thing knowing that you'll probably be able to get yourself out of any sh1t you get yourself in! Time doing things you enjoy is amazing, having something like yours and Newtons cars at the end of it is just icing on that cake.

Hopefully I'll have a few years of chaos and hard work, then it'll be time to have a look at what I want to spend my time doing. I have a feeling that a garage and a car to work in will be part of it...time to learn some new skills.

outrun

Seriously?the black car has been front ended for sure. Run,and don't stop until you're at least 100 miles away.

philw696

IMG_20140907_162326.jpgWell I'm not sure guys until some one takes a look.
Just because its got Marks headlights in it the rest looks okay from the pics.
I still think it still is worth putting right.
Maybe its another one for me because they can be made good.
Take a look at mine.

outrun

No plastic around the engine, just the sort of thing you wouldn't replace on a cheap shoddy unrecorded repair. No factory stickers under the bonnet. Electrical issues. Smacks to me of a frontal and/or water damage. Crazy risk when a good car can be found for 11k upwards. Your car was well looked after before its engine issue Phil,, this one is clearly not.

allandwf

^ agree. Yours had mechanical issues Phil, granted unknown. But Electrical, and dubious crash repairs, thats another realm. I think most people should stay well clear of this one.

GeoffCapes

I'm very jealous of the fact that you and Newton can have a go at this kind of thing knowing that you'll probably be able to get yourself out of any sh1t you get yourself in! Time doing things you enjoy is amazing, having something like yours and Newtons cars at the end of it is just icing on that cake.

Hopefully I'll have a few years of chaos and hard work, then it'll be time to have a look at what I want to spend my time doing. I have a feeling that a garage and a car to work in will be part of it...time to learn some new skills.

You appear to have a similar plan to me Chris.

2b1ask1

Special case
Hmm.. I think that had a hefty front end; no under tray and the back lugs can be seen to be ripped off the MAF is upside down, whilst not a problem it shows lack of understanding of the correct layout. The bonnet up warning has been removed/disabled too.

If 15,000 miles is genuine I wonder why it has had to have so much work done like plenum off to repaint it and why that ghastly colour?

I would go and look for you Phil but not possible this week.

I think it is one to walk away from though.