What colour are skyhook shock absorbers?

FelixV

Hi all,
Was just wondering how to tell if your GS has Skyhook or not? (son wanted me to ask). He found somewhere that skyhook has grey shock absorbers & non skyhook has yellow shock absorbers? He was just looking to know. Answers much appreciated.

Warmest regards,
Felix

FelixV

Really? My son told me that in the book that you get with the car, it reads, "To furthur enhance dynamic characteristics, Maserati and Mannesmann-Sachs developed the optional Skyhook adaptive damping system, one of the most advanced of its kind. This was in 2004/05, so wether it is true or not is another matter. Is it possible to tell if it has or hasn't got it if this is the case?

Warmest regards,
Felix

hodroyd

I think they used parts of older model manuals to make up the later ones, all GS have skyhook..!!

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
GS in the UK, but not necessarily rest of world.
If 'Sport' button you have skyhook, if 'Pwr' button you don't.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Don't think you can get pwr button in a GS MJ. On a 4200 you're right though.

dickygrace

Never seen a PWR button on a 4200/GS, have on 3200 though..!!

Early 4200's have a 'pwr' button if they don't have skyook. Skyhook is standard on facelift 4200's but the vast majority have it fitted anyway.

alfatwo

Dicky,What did they call Skyhook in the days of the 3200GT, as lots of the cars were also fitted with the later Ferrari/Bilstein auto damper system..

Dave

midlifecrisis

Proof of this is that all 4200's have a 'PWR' light if you look close enough on the dash of skyhook equipped 4200 as well as a Sport light. Clearly one dash fits all. However a Sports button brings on the Sports button and vice versa

dickygrace

Dicky,What did they call Skyhook in the days of the 3200GT, as lots of the cars were also fitted with the later Ferrari/Bilstein auto damper system..

Dave

Dave, just called electronic suspension back then. It was named 'Skyhook' on the 4200 and therefore referred to as skyhook on a 3200 as the system is similar.

dickygrace

I've got these Bilsteins on mine but without actuators so hence no skyhook. Is it not just the actuators that is the difference?
Neil.

The actual shock absorbers are different too, and a good deal cheaper if non-skyhook.

hodroyd

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Verdana]'Assetto Corsa' means race set-up in Italian and it is in this area that the main changes have been made. The 'handling package' includes a lowered suspension set-up - some 15mm lower than the standard car with stiffer springs, a larger diameter anti-roll bar and a variable electronic suspension system which allows the driver to adjust to any of 14 individual settings.[/FONT]

VEDE

Does the 4200 have 14 settings? I just thought it was Sport button on or off!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hodroyd

It is really, it just has 14 different combinations that you can only select with sport, on, or off, you can of course take off such as traction control, if you dare..!!