4200 Info screen

LORENZ-GS

Hi guys, i recently obtained a used info screen thats missing a few parts on the back side of it. If anyone has an Info screen thats broke and of no use i could use it for parts to hopefully fix what i have,,, pm me please thanks

2b1ask1

Special case
Hi Lorenz,

I've got some dead pixels on mine and intend to change it in the New Year if you can wait, you are welcome to the old one.

LORENZ-GS

Yes please i would really appreciate that,,,pm sent,,,, in the meantime if anyone else has one please let me know

LORENZ-GS

Hey guys does anyone here know anything about screen protectors. My Info screen had a bubble in the screen protector. So I took it off and replaced it with a universal screen protector. I didn't think it would matter as long as it protected the screen. But now the screen lights up but I can hardly see anything on it,,,,

LORENZ-GS

I was able to reinstall the old screen protector to see if everything worked again and wa la,,,everything works. So this tells me that not just any screen protector is gonna work. So now what, any ideas

CatmanV2

At a guess there's something about the polarisation. Does it work with no protector at all?

C

LORENZ-GS

I haven't tried it without any screensaver at all. But I would think if it did work without any screen saver, it would work with a plain jane clear screen saver. So I think you might be on to something. Can you buy a polarized screen saver??

Contigo

Sponsor
You can buy those screen protectors that only allow viewing from a head on viewpoint for privacy I like to call it the **** enabling cover :)

LORENZ-GS

At a guess there's something about the polarisation. Does it work with no protector at all?

C
I just you tubed it. I think I may need a polarization filter screen. It was mentioned its used on all LCD screens. Not sure where I get it tho

CatmanV2

I haven't tried it without any screensaver at all. But I would think if it did work without any screen saver, it would work with a plain jane clear screen saver. So I think you might be on to something. Can you buy a polarized screen saver??

I suspect you already have *or* it's polarised the wrong way. Try holding your new one in front and rotating it. See what happens.

C

LORENZ-GS

TAke a look at this, sorry the one pic is blurry. Your looking at a bare screen with no screen protection at all. When I move the old SP across the front of the screen u can see everything. When I remove it, nothing....any ideas?

Attachments

• CAM00259.jpg
    CAM00259.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 8
  • CAM00260.jpg
    CAM00260.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 8

Chrisbassett

It's a polarising screen, maybe. Not sure if that's true or even if it would give this effect, but it's the only thing I can think of.

LORENZ-GS

I may have just found it...Read this below and here is a pic that shows the same thing I have in my pics. Ill be calling them this morning.>>>>>>>>>>>LCD-quality Polarizers

These very high-quality and high-performance polarizers are used by manufacturers in the production of LCD monitors and TVs.

Polarizer filters available with optical pressure sensitive adhesive.

Good extinction and color neutral. Sold in flat sheets up to 40 by 25 inches (1000 x 630 mm) in size.

Polarizers with anti-glare/hard coat.

Ideal for repairing instrumentation LCDs (e.g. avionics, corvettes)!

Super-high-contrast polarizer (with and without adhesive).

Highest brightness in LCDs! Preferred for DIY LCD projectors.

Attachments

• pol-film_LCD.jpg
    pol-film_LCD.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 28