Duxford & evening meal Sunday 14th September, for all & the main Centenary Trip Party

2b1ask1

Special case
Hi All,

As you may have seen or read, we have lost our start from the Goodwood Revival and have fairly hastily had to look at alternatives for the assembling party for the Centenary trip.

Benny very smartly noted that the Duxford Airshow is on this weekend and not only are tickets still available from £24.75 but it will be one of the very last chances to see the two Lancasters together EVER! Duxford is always a great event and I heartily recommend it. So if you go to Duxford on Sunday it ends around 5pm but traditionally it is a tough venue to get out of in the rush.

There was talk of going for our traditional fall back of Ace Cafe but this is realistically quite a way out of the way for those heading to the Chanel towns for the night, some from great distances.

So to find an sensible 'assembly' point for those converging on Dover (the town not Benny) and as we all need to eat, I spoke to the restaurant in the stunning setting of Leeds Castle, Maidstone http://www.leeds-castle.com/restaurant and they can accommodate us in good style and there is plenty of parking in the fabulous grounds, they will even assure us an exclusive staff car park if we want it (though it possibly wont have the same views).

I will slip the booking time back to an 20.00 dining to better suit everyone, we should be looking to arrive around 19.30 to allow for photos and introductions :)

The invitation is open to all forum members, partners etc. not just those on the trip...

From the castle to Dover is 25 minutes at most when we are ready for the luxuries of the Premier Inn!

I do need to get back to the restaurant with numbers and dining choices as soon as possible and I'd like to say Friday.

Can you all please have a look at the reasonably priced seasonal menu and let me know your numbers and choices?

Full menu: www.sportsmaserati.com/uploads/Seasonal_Menu.pdf

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50
Soda bread, fruit chutney, leaf salad

Caesar Salad/ Chicken Caesar Salad 5.00/7.50
Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50
English mustard, radicchio, pickles

Homemade Gravlax (contains nuts) 6.50
Roasted beets, honey & dill sauce, rye bread

Asparagus 7.50
Poached hens egg, sorrel butter (V)

Traditional Prawn Cocktail 7.00
Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50
Field mushroom, vine tomatoes, chunky chips, béarnaise sauce

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00
Savoy cabbage, chorizo, red pepper hollandaise

Pork Tenderloin 12.50
Cider cream sauce, buttered spinach, black pudding fritter

Chicken, Leek & Ham Pie 12.85
Creamed potatoes & chicken gravy

Duck Egg and Woodland Mushroom Tart (contains nuts) 10.50
Green bean & cob nut salad (V)

Beef Burger 11.50
Giant onion rings, mustard mayonnaise, chunky chips, coleslaw

Fish ‘n’ Chips 11.50
Mushy peas, tartare sauce

Beetroot Risotto 10.50
Beetroot crisps, hard cheese (V)

Your choices if you please.....

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1

Dining at Leeds Castle:

2B1ASK1 - Newton ham hock / chicken,leek & ham pie

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Sounds a good day out. I will be at Duxford as I've already bought the tickets. I will drive down towards Kent with you but I am splitting off to see a mate en-route. Time permitting we will see you at Leeds Castle but if not, we'll see you in the bar at the hotel. I won't be full of the joys of spring as I'm flying back from the Dom Rep overnight Saturday, drive home, then straight into the car and off to Duxford, then Kent. I won't have slept at all for 36 hours so I'll be a bit threaders. Still, off on holiday, so WTF!

conaero

Forum Owner
Ill be attending Duxford too with Al, ill plan to leave early say 4pm?

Newton, how about a bit earlier. My feeling is that the meal is great but if we want to have just a couple of beers we will then have to drive. Probably best to do that bit in Dover once the cars are dropped off if you get me?

How about 6 for 6.30 dinning? That way we can eat and get back to Dover for say 8pm

2b1ask1

Special case
Dining is available from 19.00 so yes we can bring it forward by an hour no problem, the bonus is more daylight for photos too...

2b1ask1

Special case
Guys, nothing better has been suggested so can you please let me have your choices today?

Please add your name and choices below for the restaurant in the stunning setting of Leeds Castle, Maidstone http://www.leeds-castle.com/restaurant and they can accommodate us in good style and there is plenty of parking in the fabulous grounds, they will even assure us an exclusive staff car park if we want it (though it possibly wont have the same views).

I will slip the booking time back to an 20.00 dining to better suit everyone, we should be looking to arrive around 19.30 to allow for photos and introductions :)

The invitation is open to all forum members, partners etc. not just those on the trip...

From the castle to Dover is 25 minutes at most when we are ready for the luxuries of the Premier Inn!

I do need to get back to the restaurant with numbers and dining choices as soon as possible and I'd like to say Friday.

Can you all please have a look at the reasonably priced seasonal menu and let me know your numbers and choices?

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50

Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50

Asparagus 7.50

Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00

Pork Tenderloin 12.50

Beef Burger 11.50

Fish ‘n’ Chips 11.50

Beetroot Risotto 10.50

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1
Benny D - Ian x 2

Dining at Leeds Castle:

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
I would love to say I will be there but I can't! I hope to call in and drive down to Dover with you but I may be detained en-route long enough to preclude it. However, If you are at a loose end and are driving down to the Premier Inn without a fixed timescale, call in at Leeds Castle and start the holiday on a good note, it will be worth it!

2b1ask1

Special case
No worries Ian, i've added you to the Duxford list as you are there anyway. If you can get to Leeds castle its no problem.

SteveM

Guys, nothing better has been suggested so can you please let me have your choices today?

Please add your name and choices below for the restaurant in the stunning setting of Leeds Castle, Maidstone http://www.leeds-castle.com/restaurant and they can accommodate us in good style and there is plenty of parking in the fabulous grounds, they will even assure us an exclusive staff car park if we want it (though it possibly wont have the same views).

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50

Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50

Asparagus 7.50

Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00

Pork Tenderloin 12.50

Beef Burger 11.50

Fish ‘n’ Chips 11.50

Beetroot Risotto 10.50

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1
Benny D - Ian x 2

Dining at Leeds Castle:

Steve M - Steve Gravlax/Chicken pie

hodroyd

OK I need to get tickets for Duxford then..!!
Hodroyd x 1 Start: Asparagus, Main: Fish & Chips
Ambient69 x 2
Arfa x 2

I will have to ask the others what they want and come back..!!

Cheers
R

2b1ask1

Special case
BUMP:

Can you please ALL let me have your choices over the weekend, I really need to confirm the numbers Monday with Leeds Castle.

Nothing to stop people who are not interested in Duxford or even the centenary trip having a day at the castle and joining us for dinner...

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50

Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50

Asparagus 7.50

Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00

Pork Tenderloin 12.50

Beef Burger 11.50

Fish ‘n’ Chips 11.50

Beetroot Risotto 10.50

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1
Benny D - Ian x 2
Hodroyd - Rob x 1

Dining at Leeds Castle:

2B1ASK1 - Newton Ham hock / Chicken, leek & ham pie
Steve M - Steve Gravlax/Chicken pie, leek & ham pie
Hodroyd - Asparagus / Fish & Chips
Ambient69 -
Ambient69 -
Arfa -
Arfa -

Good stuff; keep them coming :)

Ambient69

Can't make daytime Duxford, but OK for evening Dinner at Castle.

Ambientx2

Starter: Chicken Caesar Salad
Main: Pan Fried Salmon

Starter: Traditional Prawn Cocktail
Main: Chicken, Leek & Ham Pie

2b1ask1

Special case
BUMP:

Can you please ALL let me have your choices over the weekend, I really need to confirm the numbers Monday with Leeds Castle.

Nothing to stop people who are not interested in Duxford or even the centenary trip having a day at the castle and joining us for dinner...

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50

Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50

Asparagus 7.50

Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00

Pork Tenderloin 12.50

Beef Burger 11.50

Fish ‘n' Chips 11.50

Beetroot Risotto 10.50

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1
Benny D - Ian x 2
Hodroyd - Rob x 1

Dining at Leeds Castle:

Ambient69 - Chicken Caesar Salad / Pan Fried Salmon
Ambient69 -Traditional Prawn Cocktail / Chicken, Leek & Ham Pie
Arfa -
Arfa -

2b1ask1

Special case
BUMP: com on people, spare 2 minutes today so I can get this sorted.

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50

Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50

Asparagus 7.50

Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00

Pork Tenderloin 12.50

Beef Burger 11.50

Fish ‘n’ Chips 11.50

Beetroot Risotto 10.50

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1
Benny D - Ian x 2
Hodroyd - Rob x 1

Dining at Leeds Castle:

Arfa -
Arfa -

hodroyd

I will probably not do Duxford now, the rest of my convoy can't and at best it would be only a few hours for £25, so maybe unrealistic, unfortunate..!!

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
However, it may be the last chance to see two Lancasters flying together, ever, and the Purple Helmets are always worth watching. Go on, you know you want to!

Arfa

BUMP: com on people, spare 2 minutes today so I can get this sorted.

I will slip the booking time back to an 20.00 dining to better suit everyone, we should be looking to arrive around 19.30 to allow for photos and introductions

STARTERS

Ham Hock 6.50

Anchovies, parmesan

Pea & Mint Soup 5.00
Crusty bread (V)

Salt Beef 7.50

Asparagus 7.50

Brown bread & butter

MAINS

Sirloin Steak 17.50

Pan Fried Salmon 13.00

Pork Tenderloin 12.50

Beef Burger 11.50

Fish ‘n’ Chips 11.50

Beetroot Risotto 10.50

Attending Duxford:

2B1ASK1 - Newton x 1
Benny D - Ian x 2
Hodroyd - Rob x 1

Dining at Leeds Castle:

Arfa - Asparagus/Caesar Salad (starter size)
Stephen - Asparagus/Pan Fried Salmon

Good stuff; keep them coming

SimonCC

Newton what time will you arrive at Leeds Castle?

Is the intention to park up and mooch around looking at the cars etc. before you eat?

If so I might be able to drive over to meet some of you as its probably less than an hour for me to get there.

Simon

2b1ask1

Special case
Hi Simon,

Matt suggested bringing the meal forward to 7pm so we are done early enough to allow those that have a need to steady their nerves to do so in Dover (hic)...

I guess people will start to get there any time after 6pm and yes it is an ideal setting to get some photos and mooch! It would be great to see you and all are welcome to join the meal, just add yourself to the list.