Ferrari wanted

Phil the Brit

She is back home now and has pride of place in the garage. Here are a couple of pictures of the current stable.
The old Bentley goes in for some bodywork rust repairs next week, a job I put off last year.
The stable now includes our other newest edition, an Audi Quattro Sport limited edition with only 49K on the clock and in great condition. I will be changing the seats in that one this week for the more comfortable leather seats. I will store the standard racing seats for putting back in the car should I sell it. Other job is to put a new Alcantara steering wheel on it as the old one is grotty. Alcantera is a stupid material for such a high wear area in my opinion. Anyway I have found a brand new one in Sweeden so should have it in a week or so.
Nothing to do on the Ferrari except look out for a pair of carbon fibre glass panel side trims, don't want to pay new price which is crazy. Also I have to buy a wheelbrace as this car has a 17mm hex key requirement.carstable3.jpgcarstable4.jpg

Phil the Brit

The Audi is a special little car with great appeal. There are reputedly only 650 left in the country of the Quattro Sport version (visually Piano black roof gives them away) and a lot of them are in a "well used" condition. We have been to several car museums in the world and this car keeps cropping up as a car that will be an icon of its time in years to come. We'll see but for me it is a long term keeper.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I remember seeing the Quattro Sport at the Birmingham Motor Show in 84! Is it really 30 years ago?

MAF260

I think there are 2 different Quattro Sports being discussed. Phil's one looks like a version of the TT rather than the short wheelbase version of the original 80s rally icon.

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 6

drewf

Me too, but I'm sure that's what everyone will think of if you mention Quattro Sport. I had no idea there was a TT version with the same name - I can't imagine why they would be in a car museum either.

I used to have an Ur-quattro as a daily driver about 20-something years ago, for about 3 years or so. Awesome car, but compared to a quattro Sport (small q on the quattro btw), it was in a different league. I managed to have a couple of drives in quattro Sports at the time... Mind-bending performance. On paper, they aren't actually that fast, certainly in today's terms, but in reality they could simply walk away from virtually anything on the road. Even my standard quattro was point to point one of the fastest things on the road.

Phil the Brit

TTQS? I can't think which one Phil owns...
To clear up any confusion it is this one. A Quattro Sport was the last of the line Mk1 TT's, a limited edition 240 bhp car to celebrate the last of the MK1's. There were only 800 made. It was lighter, it had racing seats and bigger wheels as standard along with a lot of other things like rear seats which were removed for weight reduction. The earlier one that some of you are thinking about was the one that was a rally supercar driven by such illustrious drivers as Hannu Mikkola and Michelle Mouton (what an absolute stunner she was, what I couldn't have done for her!).

carstable2.jpg

Last edited:

Contigo

Sponsor
Ok yes I think I remember that limited edition now. Interesting choice hope you enjoy it. The TT was a very quirky design and almost like Audi threw a concept straight into production.

drewf

I saw the TT concept at the 1989 Geneva motor show - it was virtually identical to the production vehicles when they arrived. Looked awesome at the time, nothing like it in the show.