GS prices above GTs

jayblue

The GS i just bought is on 61,000 miles but has had a lot of the consumable parts replaced very recently. Doing a relatively small annual mileage as i do the new clutch, tyres and brakes are worth more to me than a number on the dashboard and a car which could likely need all those parts replacing anyway in the near future. Not to mention the fact the lower mileage car would have cost me around £4000 - £5000 more to buy in the first place.

Cosmetically it is well sorted with refurbished wheels and most of the front end resprayed so it has no stone chips - i struggle to imagine a car with half the miles would look any better. I know many people would immediately pass up a GS with 61k on the clock, but at the right price the higher mileage cars can make a lot of sense.

DavidL

Don't take this the wrong way, David, but when was the last time you conducted a statistically valid examination of market size vs mileage? ;)

C

You can make statistics say anything you like my feline friend. And anyway I hate non parametric stuff.
Of course members here use their cars as they are intended but I think its reasonable to say that high mileage Italian supercars would be considered less desirable/reliable than say their German counterparts. I'm not saying its right ... and I was looking at a 68k mile 456 which I'd dearly love but I am scared of the bills.

alfatwo

After stopping for fuel around the corner from Shiltec on Thursday afternoon,a guy in a new Porsche offered to buy my old 3200GT there and then in the high teens...he just couldn't stop looking at it...

Ok you never know,but on his card was the BBC World Service!

Dave

hodroyd

Well at least he has shown a bit of taste there then..!!

David, point taken, but most people on here would not hesitate in buying a car from a forum member, knowing that an enthusiast would have had everything done to the car that it needed..!! If punters that do not know the cars are scared off by high mileage, it's not a bad thing really, they should buy something maybe a bit more run of the mill..!! We have had first time Maserati buyers on here, reading, learning and watching, finally a car comes up and they buy it, never to regret that decision..!! You either love em or you don't..!!