GS prices above GTs

safrane

See there are two GS on the market at over £30k at the moment; one with our good friend Richard and one with unknown used car place in Surrey at almost £33k!

Good cars holding there own, but note there are a couple with 'only a mother could love' interiors which are only just above £20k

Oh and I see Richard has a 'Hens Teeth' 3200 AC with low miles...just waiting for the photos on the site.

Contigo

Sponsor
Wow great to see 3200 AC prices so high. Also looking on PHead with dealers they are very close to 4200 prices now be interesting to see where they both sit this time next year.

Andyk

They maybe over 30k but as they selling at those prices...Will say there have been many at over 30k for some time now and to be honest I really do not see the goods ones going down much. if anythind I think the goods ones will hold firm and go up not down. Its hard to get a GS for uber 25k these days where as a few years back you could....If you have a good one hold onto her as one they will be hard to find and two you should not lose money on her.

Andyk

there's a CAT D 4200 on autotrader for 17k asking ! 2003 model with 20k !
good luck with that one ..

That must have sold as no for sale on there now...Cheapest one is 25.5k and thats Simons old car....With only 7 for sale on there you can see why prices are pretty firm.....Where as they are 85 GT's for sale.....

bigbob

...but we all know that these cars only have a strong value if we hardly use them and make sure they maintain a strong service record. Great if you want to 'own' one for internet chat but little use if you actually want to use one. Tax it, insure it, annual service and opportunity cost of capital means that these cars have to go up in value by over 10% pa just to breakeven.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
They maybe over 30k but as they selling at those prices...

They are Andy, I sold 3 Gransports and a Gransport Spyder this month, all for asking price. I've another beauty that I listed yesterday and another very similarly priced car tomorrow. There are only 12 for sale at present and I believe 8 sold this month. So long as they are impeccable examples I believe they will hold their money as you say.

dickygrace

...but we all know that these cars only have a strong value if we hardly use them and make sure they maintain a strong service record. Great if you want to 'own' one for internet chat but little use if you actually want to use one. Tax it, insure it, annual service and opportunity cost of capital means that these cars have to go up in value by over 10% pa just to breakeven.

Same with anything really Bigbob, put a load of miles in it and it will depreciate.

Andyk

With you BB.....Drive them as God intended......If you are worried about depreciation then don't buy one as you will never use it.......

LDM 3200

Agree but I don't understand the 'buy it to polish it' (rather than use it) approach to life.

Agree 100% when I was looking for the 3200 I went to a dealer who had lots of exotics and he had a few cars in storeage that he had sold to people who had never seen them and probably never would!

Contigo

Sponsor
Dicky I see you have sold the Nettuno which was priced well and also the new car bodes well for 3200 prices. How's the market looking for the Coupes at the moment do you think?

BRR

The prices for a GS seem very mileage, colour and spec sensitive. Mine is at almost 65k and has tech cloth so I'd probably be lucky to get £20k for it, saying that though i've used it and will continue to do so as i ahve no intentions of selling it for a few years at which point i'll have had more than my money's worth out of it and any resale value will be seen as a bonus

dickygrace

Dicky I see you have sold the Nettuno which was priced well and also the new car bodes well for 3200 prices. How's the market looking for the Coupes at the moment do you think?

The market seems very busy Phil, good 3200's seem to sell quickly, I'd loads of calls on it. I've another one due in at the beginning of next week in Nero, also manual and the AC will be photographed this morning if I stop browsing on here!

Andyk

Busy then Dicky..Great news...

Dicky just seen the 3200 AC...Looks lovely and low miles as well....Must be the car for anyone looking for an AC.

Steve GS

Two weeks a thousand miles. It's too addictive not to ha ha can't wait to get my front speakers fixed (windows)

Woody

Agree but I don't understand the 'buy it to polish it' (rather than use it) approach to life.
I subscribe to this. My car is on 56ish k at the mo and have no idea what its worth. I guess that depends what someone is willing to pay but I chose a GS with miles on when I bought it and would do so again. My cost per mile will be less that one doing 1k a year :)

DavidL

I subscribe to this. My car is on 56ish k at the mo and have no idea what its worth. I guess that depends what someone is willing to pay but I chose a GS with miles on when I bought it and would do so again. My cost per mile will be less that one doing 1k a year :)

Woody, You're spot on but, and potentially its a big but, high(er) mileage cars have a far more limited market when you do come to sell. Running costs will be the same - routine servicing etc - but you will always get knocked on price if "yours" is perceived to be high miles. It makes no real sense but that's where the market is.
If you buy a great higher mileage car then the price does need to reflect it as when you come to sell the price you sell at will too.
For whatever reason Italian cars seem to suffer badly from this in the general market.

CatmanV2

Don't take this the wrong way, David, but when was the last time you conducted a statistically valid examination of market size vs mileage? ;)

C