QP III tipped as smart buy by Quentin Willson

zagatoes30

Logic says QP III & even the QP IV should move away from the silly low values they are today but when has logic had anything to do with classic car prices.

I get my QP IV back from the body shop next weekend and I am in two minds as to move it on or keep it.

It is one of the later Evoluzione, RHD with the twin turbo 3.2 V8 and 6 speed manual gearbox (can't be many in that spec) but what is it worth? Somewhere between £4-6k at best which is madness for 300 BHP plus 4 door super saloon with mid range acceleration to die for. The classic market is mad, if it had a Ferrari badge it would be 5 to 6 times that value.

ZAM400209

hey zagatoes,

hmm- that's some quandry

i love the IV but it's got to be a lot of car to run (with everything else you've got)- depends whether you need all the doors I suppose...?

highlander

It is one of the later Evoluzione, RHD with the twin turbo 3.2 V8 and 6 speed manual gearbox (can't be many in that spec) but what is it worth? Somewhere between £4-6k at best which is madness for 300 BHP plus 4 door super saloon with mid range acceleration to die for. The classic market is mad, if it had a Ferrari badge it would be 5 to 6 times that value.

have to agree here. the old mas QP is one of the future classics in my mind, especially the 3.2s but also agree that there is a risk that classic counted or not, they may never achieve the value they should. cannot afford just now, but it is an itch I will have to scratch at some point I think.

Ewan

If you sell your QP IV now, you'd be selling at the bottom of the curve. I'd say hang on to it (as long as you have the space to store it properly). They look lovely, are vaguely practical and are fun to drive, so at the pin money you may get for it, why bother selling?

When I went to London last week (about 100 miles each way) I chose to take the QP IV over all my other cars, including my QP V. It's amazing how much attention it gets, given how understated it is. Most people have never seen one I guess.

Contigo

Sponsor
I do hope that it is the turn of Maserati's of this era to have a rerating like some of the silly Ferrari's examples out there over the last few years just because they have a donkey badge on them!

zagatoes30

If you sell your QP IV now, you'd be selling at the bottom of the curve. I'd say hang on to it (as long as you have the space to store it properly). They look lovely, are vaguely practical and are fun to drive, so at the pin money you may get for it, why bother selling?

I agree but it depends how long the curve remains flat. Will probably keep it for another 12 months. I am planning to spread the daily workload across the classics thereby give them all regular use without piling on the miles and give me a different experience week by week, should be fun :)

highlander

I agree but it depends how long the curve remains flat. Will probably keep it for another 12 months. I am planning to spread the daily workload across the classics thereby give them all regular use without piling on the miles and give me a different experience week by week, should be fun :)

it's a hard life Zag, a hard life...........................:lol2:

alfatwo

I heard you were at the South Mids AROC meet last Wednesday evening in the Guilietta :wink:

Dave