New garage partner

RobinD

Finally on its way from Beverly Hills to park next to the Massa in the garage, will keep me busy this winter :broke:
3317_p8_l.jpg

hodroyd

Robin,
Looks in nice condition, mind you the weather is fair out there so it should be, enjoy mate..!!
Cheers
R

allandwf

Be interested to see what duty and taxes were payable to import that. I looked into it, but got so many conflicting reports.

RobinD

Be interested to see what duty and taxes were payable to import that. I looked into it, but got so many conflicting reports.

If we can get through as over 30 years old and restored project then we get a reduction which would be great but if not then 10% duty and 20% VAT but still a lot cheaper than here even after accounting for a fairly large winter re build :)

RobinD

Does she need a lot of work Robin, or just a revamp..??

Just the usual, bushes, brakes, shocks, mechanical service, retrim..........etc etc but it does have full service history and same owner for 26 years so hopefully all OK, we have been looking for a clean, unmolested example for a while :smile:

have bought a few cars from abroad and sold a few abroad as well and its easier than some say, you just have to have some faith!!!

RobinD

WOW! Cheap as chips! What do you anticipate having to spend on it?

Have set aside £5-7k to bring it up to show going condition by doing a lot of the work myself over the winter but you never know what might come out when she arrives :unsure:

Team GCR

Oh yes £15.5k delivered :happy:

Prices in the US don't seem to have caught up with the market in Europe and especially the UK. Since the one sold at the Silverstone Classic Auction for £80k last month I know of two more cars that have sold for £100k+ since then!

hodroyd

It all depends on the car..!! A good friend of mine in the US has been looking for a Land Rover recently and he sent me details of some vehicles available over there, the prices asked for old vehicles is just staggering..!! They have to have US type approval, or be beyond a certain age and people will pay sllly money just to be different..!!

dickyb

Nice to see it has European bumpers, US ones are hideous! Lovely car, hope you enjoy it