Fastidiously maintained 4200 for sale.....

BP72

Hi guys,

A new extension (and a fair bit of nagging) means that my beloved 4200 is up for sale.

The car is slightly 'up' on miles but as you will see from the advert below she has had the necessary money lavished on her (over £10k in the last 2 years alone). Should provide the next owner with a lot of fun for relatively little ongoing cost.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...upe-4200-cambiocorsa-------------2003/2726685

If anyone is interested, please feel free to pm me or contact via the numbers in the ad.

The car has just been through a health check at JCT600 (no outstanding issues) but I am also happy for anyone to have the car professionally inspected in the North should they feel it was necessary.

BP72

Thanks Highlander....I always write descriptions like I would like to read them!

hodroyd

Nice truthfull ad' Bryan and the car looks well, very best of luck with the sale..!! Why have you not been on here before that often..??

BP72

Thanks Hodroyd.

You must be kidding - I look in at least once a week to see what is going on! I understand the relevant forum term is a 'lurker' which doesn't sound very appealing at all!!!

I'll try and be a bit more active - you certainly pick up useful snippets of information when you are going through the process of getting these cars repaired. I'd be happy to share them as little niggles can be really trying. This forum has certainly been very useful in that regard.

zagatoes30

Excellent advert, clear and informative. Looks like an excellent car at a good price, good luck with the sale

hodroyd

BP, you don't have to be in the background, we value all input from all members (mostly), we are all still learning..!!

midlifecrisis

Bryan, can I ask what a flamblock is? I read it in your advert.
My 4200 is of a similar age and has done 72k. And I might touch 80k by the time we get back from Italy.

voicey

Bryan, can I ask what a flamblock is? I read it in your advert.
My 4200 is of a similar age and has done 72k. And I might touch 80k by the time we get back from Italy.

In Ferrari terms, it is the rubber bush that connects the wishbone to the chassis. I would guess Maserati have the same part.

BP72

In Ferrari terms, it is the rubber bush that connects the wishbone to the chassis. I would guess Maserati have the same part.

I'll second that. There are 8 in all and sometimes they are referred to as flanblocks.

I had a very annoying groan coming from the n/s rear suspension when going over speed humps. One of the rear electronic shocks was weeping so I replaced 2 of those. Still groaning. Flamblocks were suspected. Replaced all of those. Still groaning. JCT had the car on and off for over a month trying to figure it out. Anti roll bar bushes replaced. Still groaning (as was I). In the end I found the solution on Maserati Life. As these cars get older the tops of the springs can develop a layer of corrosion and/or the rubber boot that the spring sits in becomes hard. That causes the spring to rotate in the boot as it compresses and causes a groaning noise. The spring took about 10 minutes to clean up and lubricate apparently, albeit there is a fair bit of donkey work involved in getting to that point. Anyway, not a squeak (or groan) since. That little exercise cost about twice the price of the little Merc I run around in everyday!

hodroyd

Just proves the Dealers are not always the best at knowing what a problem is, the simple action for them being keep replacing everything until the problem goes away, expensive trial and error..!!

BP72

Hi guys,

My car is up for sale again. Annoyingly the heater core matrix went in the middle of the last marketing campaign so I have had that and a few other niggles resolved for the new owner. A very well sorted car.

The ad is here:-

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...sa--over-12k-spent-since-october-2012/3668054

It will be moving across to the 4200 section next week - not sure why PH put it in 'others'. Anyway, feel free to PM me if you are interested!

Bryan