Spyder in the classifieds

Chrisbassett

Ah, time...yes that's what's missing!
: )

I spent most of the last two years with all the time in the world...now I'm making up for it!

conaero

Forum Owner
It should sell at that price. I wouldn't drop any further though. If someone turns up they are not going to lose the sale for the sake of £500, stand your ground.

If they insist in money off tell them you will remove the custom exhaust.

Andyk

Chris, when are you off....If she doesn't sell by the time you go...sure she will....if you need me to sell her for you let me know.......You can put her in my garage and I'll look after her for you.....

Chrisbassett

You guys...! I'll park her in Telford and the first to get there wins...no motorways allowed, minor A & B roads only then at least you'd both have fun getting there!

Ewan

My wife has been mentioning that she fancies a different convertible, so I'll show her this tonight. After all, we're a bit short on Masers at the moment anyway....

It'll mean I'll have a convertible Mini Cooper for sale though, in case anyone's on the look out!

Chrisbassett

Deal Done.

I'll leave it to the lucky winner to announce who he is, but Doris will be speeding her way to a new home tomorrow some time. Met up yesterday and shook hands on it, contingent on clearing it with she-who-must-be-obeyed, and all went well.

Money's being transferred tonight, so I guess a last quick midnight dash round the welsh hills or across the peak district is a no-no, but I've done them both a few times so no regrets.

She's staying in the forum and the new owner is enthusiastic and trusted (well, about as far as you can throw him) so all is well.

My favourite part of the whole sale was the phrase "I buy my cars mostly on what they sound like" so I guess he won't be taking the new exhaust off too quickly.

It's been a blast, and hopefully just the first chapter!

C.

drewf

Well done Chris, very pleased for you mate!

...and very pleased for whomever bought it :)

hodroyd

Chris,
I don't know whether to be sad, or happy..!! You and Doris had become a sort of forum icon, sad to see that end, but happy for you that you sold her and to a good home..!!
Cheers
R

Mr.Cambio

Chris,
I don't know whether to be sad, or happy..!! You and Doris had become a sort of forum icon, sad to see that end, but happy for you that you sold her and to a good home..!!
Cheers
R

Come on Robert..tell the truth...

Congrats Chris. Rob is right, Doris is a forum icon and glad you both stay here.

Chrisbassett

I'm just feeling sorry for everyone who really wanted to buy her, but just didn't feel up to taking over the notoriety!!!
;-)

Thanks, Robert for the idea of me being an icon when I just think I was privileged to be allowed to ride on the ladies coat-tails for a while.