4200 sale time

halbe01

Morning all - after much deliberation I have decided it's time to sell my 4200. I've had her 3.5 years now, but with the arrival last summer of a lovely old 3-series convertible, I now drive that whenever it's warm enough to put the top down, and the new Tesla purchase recently means any longer journeys are now done in that. So I'm not driving the Maz at all (I've done only 900 miles in the past 12 months!).

Before I post an ad on PistonHeads and AutoTrader, I thought I'd post it here first. Any comments on the ad welcomed.

Anyway - here is the advert:

My much-loved 2005 Maserati 4200 Coupe, in Grigio (grey) with beige leather interior. CambioCorsa gearbox (that’s the semi-automatic F1 style). It has 43,800 miles on the clock.

I have owned this car for a little over 3 years, and have always looked after it properly, and done whatever jobs needed doing to it (I have a stack of receipts to show for it). However I’ve recently bought a bigger family car so this now needs to go to make some space on the drive. Also I realised I’ve done less than 900 miles in it in the last year, so it needs to go to someone who’ll drive it more.

- Drive By Wire Enhancement Module module – this cost £1100 plus fitting, but is a must on these cars. It vastly improves the power delivery curve and while it doesn’t increase the maximum bhp it gives it a lot more low end grunt and “a dramatic improvement in throttle response across the entire RPM range”.
- Custom exhaust system made and installed by Prospeed in Cardiff. This is deliberately not as loud as the aftermarket Larini systems, but still sounds far better than stock. It also has sports cats fitted to improve airflow. I still have the original exhaust backboxes too so it’s an easy job if you wanted to return it to it’s original specification.
- Factory SatNav
- 6 CD changer
- Skyhook active suspension
- Rear parking sensors
- Climate control/air-con
- Fully electric heated seats
- Electric folding mirrors
- Parrot Bluetooth phone kit professionally fitted.
- Falken 452 tyres all round, with under 1000 miles wear on them.
- 2 keys
- Full service history
- No accidents or other damage.

Everything works, and the car is in exceptional condition. There is only tiny blemish in the paintwork on one side by the window, but otherwise it’s completely mint. The interior is also in exceptional condition.

Clutch replaced 8,000 miles ago. MOT until Feb 2015.

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

safrane

Looks great and a fair price with a recent new clutch...may be worth emphasising its a face lift too.

nfm

Looks lovely and seems very good value, it will be interesting to see if it sells quickly at that price. Good luck.

halbe01

Thanks guys. Nareman just spotted the post and called me (I bought it through him originally) and I've agreed that he will take it off my hands and sell it. So I shall be saying goodbye to my car as of tomorrow morning!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Thanks guys. Nareman just spotted the post and called me (I bought it through him originally) and I've agreed that he will take it off my hands and sell it. So I shall be saying goodbye to my car as of tomorrow morning!

He beat me to it, had I not been so busy, I'd have bought it today!

halbe01

Lovely to get all the positive responses, but that just makes me not want to sell! I'm reading my advert again now and think that sounds like a lovely car, perhaps I should make an offer!

It was the particular colour combo which got me in the first place - love my light interiors but it was the Grigio which persuaded me away from the "all cars should be blue with cream leather" mantra I'd had for years before! However realistically now I either need to buy a new house with a big garage (which would allow me to keep a lovely car or two out of the rain, ready to drive on odd occasions) or sell the 4200. Otherwise it's just getting in the way and ends up with cobwebs!

I console myself with the fact that in a couple of years when I miss the V8 too much I'll probably end up buying a GS.

halbe01

Yes - I think pretty much identical - though didn't his have blue piping on the inside? Or perhaps that was another one.

Chrisbassett

It was the sound of yours at Llandow that sent me to get my exhaust done at Prospeed, and I'm very glad I did! Charlie remembers you, Ben.
Lovely car and sounds great!

hodroyd

Ben,
She is a lovely example and looks in mint condition, best of luck with the sale mate, you will buy another soon, don't worry..!!
Cheers
R