What price LHD???

Paco

Afternoon all - I've been a bit quiet for one reason and another but I'm still keeping an eye on all matters Trident from time to time - nice to see so many familiar names still here and loads of newer ones!!

On to more important matters I might shortly have the need to change some of the fleet and was toying with buying an E46 M3 because I've never had one, and I probably won't quite have the loot required to pick up the next Maser.

But then again...http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000-MASERATI-3200-GT-SUPERCHAGE-LOW-MILEAGE-LEFT-HAND-DRIVE-LHD-IMMACULATE-/171390637835?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item27e7ad970b

Now the cynic in me would say look at the dealer, the misdescription etc etc and run a mile.

But I've bought three cars from these guys before, all ex-fleet auction fodder, and they are pretty straight up, they have a low-overhead, high turnover and low margin business that does what it says on the tin. This car has tons of history, a red key, is a great colour combo and at the current price looks pretty appealing!

Luckily (probably) it comes about a month early for me (just getting some research in early) but if the bidding stalls at the current level I could feel a red-hot credit card coming out!!

Contigo

Sponsor
It's been for sale for a few months on Ebay and AT. It looks tidy is low miles but I would pay someone like Mike Roberts the inspection fee and ask if he will come to see it with you with his SD2 machine etc....

Paco

Surprised I haven't seen it before!! My skills are lacking! It would certainly be worth having Mike give it the once over, but timing is not on my side, I go on holiday at the end of the week, come back in three weeks and then move house, new schools for kids, new job for Mrs Paco etc etc...

I suspect I might be getting divorced if I slipped a little Maser in to the mix, particularly before I sell my "spare" Range Rover that is currently sucking my bank account dry!!!

These guys do sell without reserve, but I have seen plenty of cars stick on their site due to timewasters etc so I'll keep a watching brief! (or buy an M3...)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hodroyd

If you are happy with LHD, go for it, but it needs an inspection and make sure it's not a CAT-D, or worse..!!

Contigo

Sponsor
I personally wouldn't want a LHD and don't think this will go for a bargain price.

Marti

This car sold now 3 times by this crowd in a matter of 3 weeks, something isn't right surely, is the car a wrongen or the dealer putting dummy bids on to up the price??? In which case ebay needs to be told

hodroyd

It looks tidy enough, but sat in a builders yard, with a shed for a repair shop...??? If interested it needs an inspection..!!

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
another thought or Q to ask........... these can go for much more money on the continent, especially if LHD and in good nic, so why try to sell it here with a smaller market for LHDs? I just don't get it. quick search below just for france........
http://www.ooyyo.fr/used-maserati-3200+gt-for-sale/c=CDAF1D7114D3854F111BFB6FBA12355B3BA21D6617F385/

My thoughts too, it's £20k in France so an overseas buyer would have it surely if it were a good 'un. They regularly call me from overseas with Lhd Karifs, 224's, Shamals etc so are willing to travel. There's not a bean in import duty etc either.

macaroni

It certainly is a rare car, a Supercharged 3200 that can do 60mpg!
Although I suspect there were more LHD models made than RHD.

Please...

alfatwo

My thoughts too, it's £20k in France so an overseas buyer would have it surely if it were a good 'un. They regularly call me from overseas with Lhd Karifs, 224's, Shamals etc so are willing to travel. There's not a bean in import duty etc either.

Too true..

A nice one went in Dijon last week for 30k! I can't get my head around why there so cheap over here for exactly the same car...

Dave

Paco

This car sold now 3 times by this crowd in a matter of 3 weeks, something isn't right surely, is the car a wrongen or the dealer putting dummy bids on to up the price??? In which case ebay needs to be told

They suffer from a lot of time wasters, and I believe some hostile false bidding, I wouldn't put much by it.

Interesting about the values abroad, I'm going to Spain next week, I took a Caterham 7 a couple of years ago which is worth roughly double there, didn't expect a Maser to be the same!!