Bought my '05 Quattroporte, awaiting delivery

Andyk

A big warm welcome to the forum MrK....Lovelt car the QP...look forward to hearing all about her and maybe some pictures if you get a chance.

BJL

Hi Mrk, good choice.
Try the slot under the steering column assuming you don't have the cd multi changer.

MrK

Thanks all - I'll post pics as soon as I get the QP. Gives me the perfect excuse for a drive out to the country to find a suitable spot for the photos!

JonnyCJ

Also a recent QPV owner and loving it ! Splashed out a bit for some discs and pads and some impending suspension bushes, but anticipated an early ish spend based on the ridiculous price I got it for !

Remember - anyone on the road who drives anything other than a Maserati wishes they were you, when they see you driving yours.

MrK

So - my car arrived yesterday and I had a very enjoyable drive down to the coast for an hour and a half :) It needs a few things attending to, which the dealer is going to sort out when I take it back in a couple of weeks but my word... the drive!

I had it in manual (not a fan of fully automatic - I like to feel a little more in control of the gears) and it was such a pleasure to drive. Still getting used to the size of the car (and the power of the engine!) but it's such good fun to drive. I'll be taking it on the ferry to Jersey this weekend... in Sport mode the whole weekend, I imagine!

Couple of pics attached - one is from the dealer and the other is one I snapped after my drive yesterday.

media.jpgphoto (2).jpg

drewf

Fabulous, I really like that shade of blue on the QP - it's elegant, classy and suits it perfectly.

MrK

Thank you - it stood out as one of the nicer colours that I'd seen. I love how the car looks - it's a beautiful machine but somehow understated.

Yes agree with all of the compliments given to you
I notice you said you were getting used to the physical size.
Well I have been driving one since February and you are dead right.
They are longer than you expect and a little bit wider, all in all a big car so take care in tight places
Also agree they are understated vehicles, one reason why I love mine
Another tip is you often get envious bad drivers that must show they can overtake a Maserati so watch out for those too
good luck
d

Petbri

Congratulations on a great looking car. If I had a QP, that would be colour combo I would go for. Gorgeous.