Nice (but expensive) 4200 for sale...

dem maser

everyday in this office I say HOW MUCH??!! when it comes to Foxtons overvaluing everything.......

again HOW MUCH?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chrisbassett

4600 miles in 9 years...that's basically driving it to the garage and back for each service then parking it and looking at it. Unnatural behaviour if you ask me.

hodroyd

That's a heck of a price for a 05 4200, but it's mega low miles and hey let's hope they can get £30K, I remember a GS same year and 5K miles sold not long ago for about the same money, but that was a GS..!!

It says it has a "beautiful service history", literally every few hundred miles, I wonder what they did on the service..??

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Can't have done the car any good. I wonder how many things will pack up when someone actually realises it's a car and must be driven. What a waste.

drewf

The only times I've had problems with mine, have been after it has sat in the garage for any period, unused. They don't like it...

safrane

So the sale of this last mont to London must have fallen through...I think they will find a buyer at close to that price...not everyone wants a GS or GT

Elliott653

Personally, I would go for a car like this. I don't like the GS's sideskirts and in my opinion, the GT is far too big for driving in London. So, an ultra low mileage 42 would definitely be attractive.

nfm

Vintage pack as well. As someone said on another thread basically a new car and in that context price may be fair enough.

SimonCC

While I understand what Dem, Peter, Adam, Robert, Drew, Chris all say about very low mileage cars - it's common place for Ferraris and cars of their ilk to have seriously low mileage in order to keep their resale values high. While I agree why have such a car and not enjoy driving it, I am not totally convinced it's such a bad thing to have very low mileage, as otherwise surely the Ferraris etc. would then suffer from the associated issues you talk about.

Just kicking it out there that's all.... ;-)

hodroyd

I agree Simon, apart from the people who use these cars as a daily, I think the rest use them for pure enjoyment and don't do massive mileage..!! I like whatever I choose to drive normally and if it's a fun car mileage is reasonable for the year, not driving it to keep the mileage down is no fun..!! If you buy a classic that is different of course, it's more of an investment..!!

drewf

It's a good point, but I suspect any car left in the garage for so long would require significant recommissioning before reverting to normal use. Plenty of seals will need replacing, rubber will have perished, that sort of thing.

I'm willing to bet that after proper recommissioning, the car would be a peach. Without it, it could very well be a nightmare.

hodroyd

I agree with that, if the car is stored in a bubble with air circulation, then it should not be too bad, but some rubbers do eventually break down with age even then..!!

highlander

I don't think "drive to keep alive" is just a maser discussion point. any car kept in storage and rarely brought out will do fine for those rare outings but I think will struggle to manage regular use regardless of service history. also look at what 30k could get you - a "sorted" and regularly used proven 4200, a decent war-chest and probably a new garage to put in! no brainer for me...........

zagatoes30

The problem with ultra low mileage cars is that you have to continue with the regime to maintain the price. Never seen the point of having car that you don't use.