Quattroporte Battery Replacement

blue520

The battery on my 05 QP has given up the ghost . Was flat after a couple of weeks of sitting idle. Been enjoying the spyder in the sun! A jump start followed by a 60 mile run and failed to start after 6 hours of rest.
Been reviewing the threads and reference to Bosch Silver 95 keeps coming up though this seems to refer to the 4200/gs. Is this still the battery of choice and simple replacement for the QP?

B16 ONX

I have had my battery out twice to recharge fully before I bought a trickle charger. The battery is mounted in the boot behind a panel on the drivers side. It is an easy change over but **** that battery is heavy which makes it a touch awkward to get out. I had someone hold the leads out of the way whilst I man handled it out.
Wing nuts hold the battery secure & two 10 or 13 mm nuts hold the terminals on.

On my positive terminal there is a power distribution box which I avoided by undoing the positive terminal from the rear of the PDB then lifting the whole thing together.

hodroyd

It can be easier to take out if you remove the side lining, a bit fiddly but does not take long and saves a load of cursing etc..!!

drewf

Do you not eat your Weetabix in the morning? :D It's not THAT heavy...

Good point on the power distribution fitting on the positive terminal - it's not obvious at first glance, but there's a standard terminal clamp at the back of the unit, then it all comes off in one piece, you don't need to remove any of the individual wires. Duct tape easier to hold wires back in my case - it's awkward to get another pair of hands in there.