The insurance game...

Contigo

Sponsor
Just run it through with Direct Line and they quote me £234 for 5k miles which is very good really. I think the other one above is better as it includes track days which is a great option to have!

CC4200

I suppose it also depends what happens in the event of a claim too? Stories of cheap companies going bust or finding a way out of paying

bossemaserati

the cheapest main insurance company i got was close to 2000 gbp for my 3200 AC!!! i have 12 years NC bonus, so thought that 2k is way too much but could not find anything cheaper.... any suggestions from anyone? the car is garaged in a secured public car park in central london... whilst central london is the main reason for the high quotation, i think that also the fact that it is an AC does not help. i think they have their own insurance group....

i need to find a good broker who can help. again any help is appreciated.... thank you!!!

Chrisbassett

I got mine down from £1600 to £900 by using comparethemarket in the end. They pointed me at zenith as the best price. Try the comparison sites.

Contigo

Sponsor
So we all in agreement that postcode makes a massive difference to the premiums?

Bosse: have you tried a classic car insurer like Adrian flux and putting it on a classic limited mileage policy?

gamma_ray

We have used Pace Ward Insurance for a few years now for road and race cars and as it is owned by enthusiasts they do actually try and help, premiums down again this year :goodnews:

Thanks for this tip - I've decided to go with Pace Ward this year and have dropped Admiral who I discovered would only pay for an Autoglass windscreen replacement on my QPV and not a proper Maserati screen. Admiral may seem cheap but not when you have to pay for a decent windscreen! Caveat emptor....