3200 For Sale

Marti

Cheers Greg. I pointed out a few factual errors regarding the engine in the 4200 etc so at least it was useful. I think it is pretty telling when a magazine gets the basics wrong. I wanted to actually help with the 3200 section but McGrath got there first and made some valid points but it was a little negative in tone IMO. The whole end float issue where they talk about engine rebuild at 10k is an example. I made sure that i added that most cases will have happened by now and long been sorted.

Well done Greg.

Hopefully with the best warranty I have that this will give a new owner peace of mind knowing that all electrical and mechanical labour and materials is covered.

Thanks

highlander

Cheers Greg. I pointed out a few factual errors regarding the engine in the 4200 etc so at least it was useful. I think it is pretty telling when a magazine gets the basics wrong. I wanted to actually help with the 3200 section but McGrath got there first and made some valid points but it was a little negative in tone IMO. The whole end float issue where they talk about engine rebuild at 10k is an example. I made sure that i added that most cases will have happened by now and long been sorted.
^^^ again, like^^^ honestly, pretty new to the "3200 clan" but fed up with the skewed picture the media, general public have of such a good car.
Well done Greg.

Hopefully with the best warranty I have that this will give a new owner peace of mind knowing that all electrical and mechanical labour and materials is covered.

Thanks
no worries marti, in case it was not clear, your's is one of the "sorted ones" imo..........just not green enough for me lol.:numberone:

allandwf

^ Its the same with TVR's snapping cracks! It will have happened by now if it's going to. End float all good on mine just had it checked :)

Contigo

Sponsor
Indeed it can be measured and the guide kind of implies that too with the need of an inspection on any of the models but throwing in figure slike £10k for an engine rebuild is just plain scaremongering imo. Look at the 996 for example, it won't go down as the best iteration of the 911 but it is a good second hand buy at the moment but they do suffer from some problems namely the RMS (Rear Main Seals) and IMS. Both of these would be enough to make you wary and have the inspection done to check them so it really is about due diligence with any car.

highlander

allandwf

Agree about the £6500 one, someone will buy it, not get it fixed, moan about all the grief/hassle it's causing, and the continual dash lights, and...... the myth continues!

Marti

Agree about the £6500 one, someone will buy it, not get it fixed, moan about all the grief/hassle it's causing, and the continual dash lights, and...... the myth continues!

Agree Allan you guys talk a lot of sense, unfortunately some buyers don't realise that there are some owners out there that do care about their cars and spends £££ and some more to keep their car in tip top condition, but still only offer £6.5k

Contigo

Sponsor
I recently got chatting to the dealer who sold me mine a year ago and he was really quite impressed about the amount of time and detail I have gone to in getting the car back into fettle. I think these cars need continuous attention and there is always something which needs doing be it improvement or maintenance. He said that they need someone like me/us to take them under our wing and give them the attention they so deserve. I think it is like anything you have to WANT to do it in the first place and most of these tyre kickers want the pleasure of owning but not the chore of spending and maintaining.

allandwf

You don't necessarily need to spend £££, unless you are unlucky, but you do need to keep on top of them, spending £ or ££ when required.

dem maser

Some need it to get them going others have had things done and now its just maintaining.....i spent 5k in the forst year and 3k second year and had 4 years trouble free after that

Marti

Some need it to get them going others have had things done and now its just maintaining.....i spent 5k in the forst year and 3k second year and had 4 years trouble free after that

I agree, Ive spent about the same (which I knew I had to do) and now the inspection report shows no defects or items requiring attention so should be good for the next few years apart from a service and the general silly bits that come up.

Chrisbassett

The lapse thing is true for the 4200's too, Simon. I'm convinced mine was left standing for too long and the past two years have been about tidying that up. It's not been cheap, but she's definitely feels a lot more sorted out and happy now.