Master Maserati Driving Courses

Bobby Dandruff

Has anyone been on any of the Master Maserati Driving courses run by Maserati in Italy, and if so what were your experiences?

Thanks

drewf

You believe correctly Andy :(

Certainly for the 'very expensive' part :D

That being the case, sadly I can't vouch for how good they are... The brochures they keep sending me are excellent quality though :)

marios kriticos

SPONSOR: Autosheild
I have done on the three day course twice , fantastic experience .
It sounds expensive but when you do it you will be saying good value and something you will always remember .

Marios

Bobby Dandruff

I have done on the three day course twice , fantastic experience .
It sounds expensive but when you do it you will be saying good value and something you will always remember .

Marios

Ah Ok. So a good 50th birthday presence to myself then?!

(Why do people say that they are expensive when many of the very same people will have forked out over £50k for a Maserati? I don't understand......)

drewf

Ah Ok. So a good 50th birthday presence to myself then?!

(Why do people say that they are expensive when many of the very same people will have forked out over £50k for a Maserati? I don't understand......)

Well, in my case I didn't fork out anything like that, and feel the courses are poor value for money. If it's about track time with tuition, then I could buy much more time elsewhere for the same money. If it's about the hotels and food, then again, I prefer to choose my own hotels, and food. It's not necessarily about the absolute price, more the value of the package for me.

Bobby Dandruff

Well, in my case I didn't fork out anything like that, and feel the courses are poor value for money. If it's about track time with tuition, then I could buy much more time elsewhere for the same money. If it's about the hotels and food, then again, I prefer to choose my own hotels, and food. It's not necessarily about the absolute price, more the value of the package for me.

Ok, I see.

Which course did you go on?

Bobby Dandruff

Has anyone been on any of the Master Maserati Driving courses run by Maserati in Italy, and if so what were your experiences?

Thanks

I'm in Milan airport have just completed the 2 day Master Maserari Driving course at Varano and it was......epic.

Admittedly it was epically expensive, but.......I really can't see when I'll ever get the chance to absolutely thrash pretty much ever Gran Turismo model, including the quite amazing MC Stradale, around a track, with Maserati instructors telling me what to do.

A fantastic experience.

Contigo

Sponsor
I bet it was. I am doing a track day at Thruxton in a VXR (not quite an MCS) for £35 in total. I bet that puts it into perspective :D

Bobby Dandruff

I'm in Milan airport have just completed the 2 day Master Maserari Driving course at Varano and it was......epic.

Admittedly it was epically expensive, but.......I really can't see when I'll ever get the chance to absolutely thrash pretty much ever Gran Turismo model, including the quite amazing MC Stradale, around a track, with Maserati instructors telling me what to do.

A fantastic experience.

Having just read a previous post we chose our own hotel and transport which I understand from other attendees was probably the better thing to do.

alfatwo

I had the pleasure of meeting Andrea de Adamich the Alfa factory racer who a few years before bought the Varano de Melegari circuit in 1990
We spent the week there courtesy of the Auto Italia mag testing all sorts of stuff..

Nice hotels,lots of wine and lots of lovely olive skinned ladies!

Dave

Bobby Dandruff

I had the pleasure of meeting Andrea de Adamich the Alfa factory racer who a few years before bought the Varano de Melegari circuit in 1990
We spent the week there courtesy of the Auto Italia mag testing all sorts of stuff..

Nice hotels,lots of wine and lots of lovely olive skinned ladies!

Dave

Ah, I didn't want to mention the ladies, as I was with my wife.....

:-o

alfatwo

The ladies were to be honest the best part of the trip :D (I still don't have a regular seat cover)

Dave

alfatwo

Come on Dave get out there and pull, or do you like a change..!!:wink:

I think I'm a bit too old for pulling..and I would hate anyone over 8 stone sitting on my lovely leather 3200GT passenger seat cos it would ruin it..

So that rules out most women I know!

Dave

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I think I'm a bit too old for pulling..and I would hate anyone over 8 stone sitting on my lovely leather 3200GT passenger seat cos it would ruin it..

So that rules out most women I know!

Dave

My Dad in his early 70's pulled (so he says, I have my doubts) a Thai girlfriend the same age as me!
Terribly embarrassing (or funny, which ever way you look at it) when we visit him or he visits us...too much giggling behind closed doors after everyone has retired for the night!

alfatwo

Looks like he's having fun Mike..apparently embarrassing your children when your older is a must do thing nowadays...:approve:

Can't see a problem with that,especially when there waiting for you to pop your clogs and then grab all your cash!

Dave