Sat Nav

zoros

Banned
OK - I give up....does the granturismo allow one to input post codes? Or is it only as advertised: Lat and Long?
If it does accept post codes - how?

Thanks in advance

Z

Rags

OK - I give up....does the granturismo allow one to input post codes? Or is it only as advertised: Lat and Long?
If it does accept post codes - how?

Thanks in advance

Z

Only the first 4 digits. Its not very good overall tbh

Charlysparrow

Just noticed this post, was going to post same topic as I could not find the post code function. Have to say the sat nav in these cars is awful considering the price we have to pay for the car. The £250 Garmin is I use for work is 100% more sophisticated.

So the question is, are there any software upgrades or replacement fixes or do I have to stick the Garmin to the infotainment screen for our European trips next year?

Charles

zoros

Banned
Just noticed this post, was going to post same topic as I could not find the post code function. Have to say the sat nav in these cars is awful considering the price we have to pay for the car. The £250 Garmin is I use for work is 100% more sophisticated.

So the question is, are there any software upgrades or replacement fixes or do I have to stick the Garmin to the infotainment screen for our European trips next year?

Charles

Exactly. Obviously the Italians don't have the same logic as us! The whole "Media Centre" really is archaic. The Sat Nav is a joke.

If ANYONE has knowledge of inputting post codes into a Granturismo sat nav: can they let us know please? [Any main dealers online?].

Yeti

It can be done, Graypaul showed me how once, but the system is so bloody sh1t I rarely use it. Just use common sense to get me close and Google Maps on my phone for the last bit.

L-mac

On mine, gt sport 2014 MY, you go into navigation destination entry screen - press menu when screen display is set to navigation. In the "town / city" field you can enter the first 4 digits of the postcode. Intuitive stuff huh?

Agree it is pretty poor - the free app on my iPhone is loads better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD