GS sticky Buttons

safrane

My new GS is almost perfect except for the slightly sticky sports button and soiled window switches. New replacements are on order from Maserati and should be with me next week.

Now what to do with the old ones?

I am aware that these can be cleaned up and re coated, but I have neither the time or skill that to do this properly. ..but I'm sure someone on here does.

So I propose that we offer a service similar to the chroming of your nuts (oh errr misses) where you send your buttons off to be re furbished and ready for the next owner on reciept of the forums reconditioned ones.....so.

Anyone on here who wants to help our forum members I will shortly have 2x window switches and one sport button...the hazards one is fine as this is a GS and not a 3200.

LeeH

Are the switches available seperatley?

What costs are these new from Maserati?

MAF260

Interesting. I thought that the switches were not available seprately and that you had to buy the full set along with the aluminium panel for muchos money:
switches.jpg
Mine shown above with RHD Start button mod.

Contigo

Sponsor
Look at this refurb job from stickynomore lol

20130119_153827.jpg

safrane

Window switch £44 each
Sports Button £33...both plus VAT

quoted the same price at both Meridian and D/L...Eurospares wanted me to but the whole plate with switches for almost £300.

MAF260

Window switch £44 each

quoted the same price at both Meridian and D/L...Eurospares wanted me to but the whole plate with switches for almost £300.
Over £100 for a pair of window switches? Wow! I'd be very surprised to discover that Maserati manufactured their own bespoke switches for one model of car, so think they must have also been used on other cars - Alfa maybe?

Fair2

Window switch £44 each

Are they for a GS? I have a broken button on the passenger window button. I have been trying for a month to find replacements. I was told by Eurospares the I would have to by the whole fitting plate.i am desperate for help,if you could give me contacts,part number etc I would be very appreciative.
Robert F

Fair2

Hi, I would be very interested in buying the "old ones" as a temp measure pending finding how/where to buy new switches.
Robert F

Mr.Cambio

Sorry Frank...didn't know those thermos are equipped with a pressure gauge !!!!

(But mate, you made me go back to the pic and have another look!)

safrane

Hi, I would be very interested in buying the "old ones" as a temp measure pending finding how/where to buy new switches.
Robert F

That would be no problem. Once I get mine I will be happy to post to you. PM me with your address next week when I'm back home.

safrane

Hi yes Dick Lovett...both they and Meridian Modena quoted the same price....Euro Spares would only sell the whole plate with the switches embedded.

safrane

My parts have now arrived in the UK and will be with me soon.

Spoke to Ross at Meridian Modena who sgayes he will give a 15% discunt if we have orders over 10...So show of hands from GS owners please!

Interesting note that there are only twenty sport buttons left in the factory.

LeeH

Hi Safrane

I will have a new sport button and 2 x window switches at -15% off :goodnews:

Thanks

Lee