Need a clever retort.

Blondie

Hi guys,

I've had a couple of people call my Maserati a 'poor man's Ferrari'. Does anyone have a clever response that I can use that will put these people in their place? Poor man's Ferrari? Seriously?

All suggestions gratefully accepted.

Merrian

CatmanV2

I think Nicolas has the right of it. Just ask what they're driving ;)
You could go the route of pointing out that anyone suggesting you require a man's anything is clearly an un-observant moron (at least that's what I understand, although we have never met)

C

Andyk

That would be the great unwashed Merrian so no need to rise to ir xxxx ;-) ......

Perhaps you should say...'Ah well I was just going to let you have a drive but seen as it's not for you'

Contigo

Sponsor
Are you serious? Do you turn round to them at the time and say well what about my Lambo in Sydney? Is that a poor mans Ferrari too?

I would ignore people who make comments like that really :D

Contigo

Sponsor
That would be the great unwashed Merrian so no need to rise to ir xxxx ;-) ......

Perhaps you should say...'Ah well I was just going to let you have a drive but seen as it's not for you'

Excellent retort Andy, I like it. Did you respond the same when offered the keys?

MAF260

Give them a knowing smile and move on. The sort of people who say things like this are jealous peasants not worth wasting any time over.

bigbob

Always best to look at them, say nothing and walk off.

It's the same as the Boxster vs 911 thing. A 911 convertible looks all wrong to my eye and the Boxster is a better car at half the price. What's the issue?

outrun

I would agree, it is a poor man's Ferrari. However, as you're not a man and therefore not controlled by what's in your trousers, what you do have is a thinking woman's supercar. Your choice is both tasteful and knowledgeable where any fool with a good credit rating can buy a Ferrari, only a woman of consummate taste and style such as yourself would understand that a Maserati represents a flair and individuality that most men could never understand.

Tipmethewink

Once they've made a Ferrari that looks lovelier and sounds better than my Maserati I might be interested. Not a retort, my actual opinion.

CliveP1

Always best to look at them, say nothing and walk off.

It's the same as the Boxster vs 911 thing. A 911 convertible looks all wrong to my eye and the Boxster is a better car at half the price. What's the issue?

could always go down the road of "do you like hospital food"...

knew a guy who was a test driver for Porsche and he would take buyers round the track in a Boxster he said its the best handling one.

Team GCR

I would agree, it is a poor man's Ferrari.

I wouldn't agree cars like the Bora are a poor man's Ferrari, it was far more advanced than their cars at the time when it was new and if anything more expensive.

As for a clever retort, how about,

"Actually I find it compliments my Ferrari rather well."