Soft top care

safrane

Having owned soft tops for 20 years yes...

Auto Glem have a good system consisting of two bottles and a sponge.

1) Throw sponge away
2) Hose roof down with lots of water
3) Spray cleaner liberally onto top and using a nail brush work into the hood but do not scrub too hard in one place or you will mark it. Its biological and will kill off the spores from moss and lichen etc
4) Rinse and repeat
5) Dry the windows and body work as much as you can, but leave hood damp
5) Ensure all the soap is out of the hood
6) Wrap the windows/body work in cling film or newspaper ( I kidd you not) as the water prof agent dries like PVA glue on them and its a bugger to get off
7) Spray the hood with the water prof agent and leave to dry then remove the protection you applied to glass and body work

Phil H

1) Throw sponge away
3) Spray cleaner liberally onto top and using a nail brush work into the hood but do not scrub too hard in one place or you will mark it. Its biological and will kill off the spores from moss and lichen etc
4) Rinse and repeat
6) Wrap the windows/body work in cling film or newspaper ( I kidd you not) as the water prof agent dries like PVA glue on them and its a bugger to get off
7) Spray the hood with the water prof agent and leave to dry then remove the protection you applied to glass and body work

Halfords currently have a 3 for 2 deal;buy 3 car prep car products and get the cheapest free, but this might be better for you:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autoglym-...ssories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item3cdfd452e5

PH

Stewart

1) Throw sponge away
4) Rinse and repeat
Thanks for info,will try Halfords today.
Stewart

DougieMc

From my TVR days
ive used Fabsil ( tent proofing) ever since
But it buy the litre from Millets
I use it now on my speedster
Providing the roof is cleaned you then just paint this on with a brush it sucks it into the fabric and doesnt leave lines etc.
It not only brings the colour back to life but water just beads off it and it just wipes off the paint work
I do mine twice per year and its awesome

Hope this helps

MAF260

I've used Renovo on my E30 to great effect, it made the roof come up like new. Haven't heard of Fabsil before, though. I'll be off to find some soon as heavy rain can still pentrate the fabric sometimes. Thanks for the tip.

Stewart

From my TVR days
ive used Fabsil ( tent proofing) ever since
But it buy the litre from Millets
I use it now on my speedster
Providing the roof is cleaned you then just paint this on with a brush it sucks it into the fabric and doesnt leave lines etc.
It not only brings the colour back to life but water just beads off it and it just wipes off the paint work
I do mine twice per year and its awesome

Hope this helps
Thanks Dugigie, will try next time.