Kyalami article

zagatoes30

Nice article, the Kylami has always been one of my favourite 70/80s Maseratis. I prefer the 3 box 2 door styling over the coupes of the era and along with a Mexico & a Sebring would be in my fantasy Maserati garage

Neilf1965

Nearly bought a lovely Maroon Red one some years ago from a guy in Huddersfield.
Really wish I had now :-(
Still like the styling.
Neil.

Ewan

I'm thinking of buying a blue one that I've been told is newly available (but not advertised). But I can't help thinking of a Ferrari 412 instead. I'm after a stylish 4 seater from the 70's or 80's, so it's either one of these two or an Espada. I like all three, so it's a tricky one!

outrun

Espada is pretty big in comparison Ewan.

Ferrari 412 are finally heading up in value. They've always been viewed as being too complicated to properly look after so like most big GT style Ferrari's they drop before they rise. I think it could be a good time to buy.

I think the Mondial T represents fantastic value for money right now too. If you look at the 308 GT4 dino, these were £10k a few years ago and have trebled. For £20k now, you can grab a fully sorted Mondial T in a classic blue chiaro and it might, just might increase significantly over the coming few years. It's a great drive, nice size, good for four people and relatively simple to maintain compared to the V12s.

The Kyalami is lovely too but I wonder that as it's viewed as being a DeTomaso under the skin, it may not be as easy to sell on and may not be an investment really.

Just a thought!

Team GCR

I'm thinking of buying a blue one that I've been told is newly available (but not advertised). But I can't help thinking of a Ferrari 412 instead. I'm after a stylish 4 seater from the 70's or 80's, so it's either one of these two or an Espada. I like all three, so it's a tricky one!

I think I can see where you are coming from Ewan, for me it is partly down to the fact I have a Ferrari V12 itch to scratch. It isn't a 412 but this was stunning in the flesh and actually deserved the price paid https://www.silverstoneauctions.com/ferrari-365-gt-2--2 if I didn't have an different agenda I would have been tempted. Espada is great but for some reason I cannot balance the risk/reward ratio with them. Bizarrely, probably because I am an 80's child if I was to buy another an exotic 5 seater it should be an AM Lagonda. There is a big but though, growing up my dad had RR Silver Shadows and he did have a Lagonda on a long term test but opted to buy another Shadow so when recently the opportunity came along to buy a Silver Spur II Mulliner edition I opted for that.

Bobby Dandruff

The Espanda was a lovely car but I suspect quite rare now and so probably expensive, not to mention the bills! :-0

There was a brown one at AutoItalia which was nice but still needed a lot of work doing to it.

One for the diehard enthusiast I reckon!