Sleep coundown has started........

Needamaser

As of now 7 to go.........

Been a long time to get to this point but flight and hotel booked so no going back. :thumb1:

dem maser

I did not sleep when I was going to get my car, on the day they rang and told me it has to be the next day as they have not had a part in.....that's 2 days without sleep

kin

We all are really just big kids, aren't we? The difference between a men's toys and children's toy is men's toys are bigger and more expensive! :cool:

Yes I could already imagine myself becoming restless as the day approaches

Needamaser

:) Where are you going for it. I flew to Gatwick, then drove ours back 570 miles.

I am flying to Manchester and "only" 450 miles back. Direct route. But that will be over 500 as I ain't sticking to Motorways all the time!!

Part of the excitement is I haven't actually seen the car (or driven it). A few folk reckon I am certifiable but they don't get the Maserati thing clearly.:frusty5:
Lets be honest if you have the bug how could you pick up ANY Maserati and not be excited?

allandwf

Hopefully as well as mine, first time I laid eyes on mine and drove it was when I went to pick it up. Two years plus now, and all been good.

MAF260

It'll be worth the wait. I've just got back from collecting my 'new' Alfa. 280 mile round trip to buy a car I'd never seen before!

Tilum

It'll be worth the wait. I've just got back from collecting my 'new' Alfa. 280 mile round trip to buy a car I'd never seen before!
Hope the car is everything you hoped it would be. Safe journey back fella.

T

Needamaser

Car is coming from Mr Richard Grace and I have no reason to suspect there will be any issues other than having to learn to drive the thing properly!
Due to the distance between myself and the nearest indie I needed to try and get as good a car as possible and something which needed no work doing on it immediately.
Could "maybe" have saved a few pounds buying privately but then again I could have ended up with a nightmare to deal with and cost a whole heap more than I paid and that would have ruined the experience.
In truth I think allowing for inspection, warranty and peace of mind I really couldn't have bought much less even if I had been "lucky". Richard probably thinks it was too cheap (hahaha) and there was the odd moments of "sucking through his teeth" in negotiations!!
Can confess to that now money has changed hands. :)

allandwf

My workmate bought his from Richard for the same reasons. He was very pleased with everything.

alfatwo

Me too,when I bought my old 3200GT I said to the guy I'll just have it, without even driving it or anything!

As it turned out it needed some age related stuff sorting.....the 23,000mls on the clock did it for me

Dave

safrane

I got mine from Richard this week; it sat in the Ministry car park for three days 10 floors below my office with me itching to drive it...had to wait until Thursday PM and then from Buckingham Palace down to Bristol in the sun...nice drive except for that dam stone that pinged up into the cars flank...Thanks M4!

gttastic

Car is coming from Mr Richard Grace and I have no reason to suspect there will be any issues other than having to learn to drive the thing properly!
Due to the distance between myself and the nearest indie I needed to try and get as good a car as possible and something which needed no work doing on it immediately.
Could "maybe" have saved a few pounds buying privately but then again I could have ended up with a nightmare to deal with and cost a whole heap more than I paid and that would have ruined the experience.
In truth I think allowing for inspection, warranty and peace of mind I really couldn't have bought much less even if I had been "lucky". Richard probably thinks it was too cheap (hahaha) and there was the odd moments of "sucking through his teeth" in negotiations!!
Can confess to that now money has changed hands. :)

Which car did you buy from Richard Grace?

JonnyCJ

Well I'm on a 500 mile intra day round trip on Tuesday which includes seeing a client and viewing two Masers !

4.30 am start and 9pm finish - road trips like this are few and far between and I get the company to pay my mileage.

Which is nice !

Been without one since 2007 when I sold my 4200 Spyder and had a Ghibli GT before that, so looking forward to getting back into the fold.

Updates to follow.

Cheers

Jonny

Contigo

Sponsor
I got mine from Richard this week; it sat in the Ministry car park for three days 10 floors below my office with me itching to drive it...had to wait until Thursday PM and then from Buckingham Palace down to Bristol in the sun...nice drive except for that dam stone that pinged up into the cars flank...Thanks M4!

Did you have a new car Peter, I saw you briefly on the Phone and next to a GS. Congrats if so!

Needamaser

Well this is it.
Big day tomorrow and weather is rubbish here. Dry and bright at Inverness airport and a monsoon in Manchester.
Sure the morning will be good irrespective of the weather. ;-)