Whats the most memorable cars/toys you've had?

kin

Not sure if it has been done before, tried searched the forum, but couldn't find it??

I have driven/ owned many cars and bikes mostly run of the mill type, from Japanese to German, but there are two cars I especially fond of...hope you like.

Ariel Atom

Morgan Aero8

Andyk

Bloody lovely Kin..Love both....Had a drive in the Aero 8 when they came out..Didn't it have a BMW engine......Brilliant cars there mate.

Without boring everyone who has seen these many times...CSL best car I've owned.....and here are the most memorable ones....

Attachments

• Picture Maserati 009.jpg
    Picture Maserati 009.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 15
  • DSCN0098.jpg
    DSCN0098.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 16
  • IMGP0449.jpg
    IMGP0449.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCN2763.jpg
    DSCN2763.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 13
  • 7 ACT_0451.jpg
    7 ACT_0451.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC_0369.jpg
    DSC_0369.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 14

highlander

no pics from me either. I think my cars have generally improved with each car I've had with the odd exception, but my "cherished memory" car has to be the 1st car I owned, a 2nd hand 2ltr mkIII cortina in metallic sea blue. just loved the "coke bottle" shape, easy to work on (a good smack with a hammer got the starter motor going!), needed quarter of a mile to stop mind but still have real fond memories of driving that car.:thumb1:

kin

Bloody lovely Kin..Love both....Had a drive in the Aero 8 when they came out..Didn't it have a BMW engine......Brilliant cars there mate.

Without boring everyone who has seen these many times...CSL best car I've owned.....and here are the most memorable ones....
Would not have minded any of those cars in my garage Andy.

Yes the Morgan had a BMW 4.4 V8, at full chat it sounded like a spitfire, LOL, we used to call ourselves side pipe squadron! It was a real headturner, young, old, men, women all looking at it and smiled.
I once drove through Deansgate on Saturday afternoon with roof down, got stuck in shopping traffic, everyone got their camera phones out, it was extremely embarrassing!! Never again.

kin

no pics of mine but GTV V6 and 3200.........
Alfa GTV! It was on my wish list when I was younger.

no pics from me either. I think my cars have generally improved with each car I've had with the odd exception, but my "cherished memory" car has to be the 1st car I owned, a 2nd hand 2ltr mkIII cortina in metallic sea blue. just loved the "coke bottle" shape, easy to work on (a good smack with a hammer got the starter motor going!), needed quarter of a mile to stop mind but still have real fond memories of driving that car.:thumb1:

I think everyone would remember their first car, mine was a Hillman Avenger 1.6 when I was 17, paid £200, or £100? Took it into a garage and gave it a service, the guys said I was lucky, because there were no oil and water in the engine :shocked:

allandwf

My first "proper" car a 1969 Lotus Europa. Other memorable ones, Alfa GTV V6, TVR Cerbera, TVR Tuscan, and the Assetto Corsa.

CliveP1

my first car was a 1969 Ford Cortina MkII GT paid about £400 in 1980 then had a stage 3 head, twin 40 carbs had it stripped painted in sunburst red had about 5 coats then couple of coats of lacquer it was like a mirror the guy that did it restored Astons and he did a great job

IMG_0311 - Version 2.jpg

then went to a RS Turbo and did a big euro trip of about 4000 miles in 2 1/2 weeks never missed a beat

IMG_0311.jpg

Elliott653

My Hawk Stratos replica. I sold it last year. The second photo was taken at the Petrolhead Nirvana stand during one of the Pistonheads NEC shows.

zagatoes30

Difficult choice but the only one I regret selling is this

n637186273_1451049_41.jpg
DSC04836.jpg
DSC04837.jpg
DSC04838.jpg
DSC04839.jpg
DSC04840.jpg
DSC04841.jpg

Alfa GTV 6, this one had a 3.0 engine from a 75 fitted and was a great car but it was the lines that did it for me.

kin

Curiously, I wanted that Cortina GT posted by 4200cambiocorsa and a Hillman Imp!

zagatoes30

They say never go back and I nearly bought it back a few years ago but it had deteriorated badly which was such a shame. They are very few really good ones around but a few are getting restored now so maybe I will get another.

BJL

Loved the DB 6 I bought in 69 and sold it during the fuel crisis a few years later at significant loss. Missed it for years thinking I had made a big mistake as prices went skyward.

Met the current owner a couple years back, he had just spent a tidy wad renovating it and he let me drive it.......what a dog of a car, bl00dy glad I sold it.

CliveP1

Most bonkers car ever driven was a RS200 a complete box of frogs we had one to test drive at the paper. MAD. car I wish I had brought was a RS2000 in yellow from a garage in Ilford called Mike Young. shame

MAF260

Difficult choice but the only one I regret selling is this

View attachment 20917
View attachment 20918
View attachment 20919
View attachment 20920
View attachment 20921
View attachment 20922
View attachment 20923

Alfa GTV 6, this one had a 3.0 engine from a 75 fitted and was a great car but it was the lines that did it for me.
Beautiful, love those GTVs. Always fancied one but they were always rust heaps when I looked! I can see why you'd miss her, Andy, she looks like new.