Just detailed my GT Sport

Rags

I only give it some welly for the sound lol.

Where abouts do you live Tilum? I have only ever spotted one GranCabrio MC. It was in the car park of Bearwood Lakes golf club. White car?

kin

Its a really good trick I picked up from anothe detailer.

Right after you washed the car, get a great big Black&decker leaf blower, and blow the water off, it get into all the nooks and crannies, blowing out all the water in the gaps, inside wheels etc etc What ever remained on the body. use the microfibre cloth to dab try, job done!

You won't get streaks of water running out when you drive it afterwards :excellent:

Tilum

I only give it some welly for the sound lol.

Where abouts do you live Tilum? I have only ever spotted one GranCabrio MC. It was in the car park of Bearwood Lakes golf club. White car?
Ha ha, don't blame you Rags, the sound does become rather addictive LOL.

Nowhere near there TBH! (I live in Derbyshire). And mine is Nero Carbonio (metallic black) - pics for your ref.
I've seen quite a few of the UK GranCabrio MCs, but that's probably because I take a special interest in them! LOL.

Hopefully get to see you and your lovely GT Sport soon :thumb3:

Tilum

Its a really good trick I picked up from anothe detailer.

Right after you washed the car, get a great big Black&decker leaf blower, and blow the water off, it get into all the nooks and crannies, blowing out all the water in the gaps, inside wheels etc etc What ever remained on the body. use the microfibre cloth to dab try, job done!

You won't get streaks of water running out when you drive it afterwards :excellent:
Oooh, I like that idea. I might have to invest in a leaf blower! :thanks2: for sharing that tip.

kin

Oooh, I like that idea. I might have to invest in a leaf blower! :thanks2: for sharing that tip.
No bull! You'll be surprise how much water you left behind around the badge alone! Headlight surround, wheel nuts, wipers etc etc.

Although judging by the look of my neighbour's face, they clearly think I have finally lost it :saifi4:

Contigo

Sponsor
Used to use an airline when we had flatted the car as there was loads of water around gasps and badges etc... Wouldn't get away with it now...

Tilum

No bull! You'll be surprise how much water you left behind around the badge alone! Headlight surround, wheel nuts, wipers etc etc.

Although judging by the look of my neighbour's face, they clearly think I have finally lost it :saifi4:

Yeah, tell me about it... I have to keep dabbing down the crevices in the car (especially in the wing mirror, headlight surrounds, wheel nuts, door hinges, boot lid,...) with a microfibre towel to absorb the excess water. The leaf blower idea sounds much better, thanks.

Oh, and my neighbours thought I lost the plot years ago! LOL

Rags

Yeah, tell me about it... I have to keep dabbing down the crevices in the car (especially in the wing mirror, headlight surrounds, wheel nuts, door hinges, boot lid,...) with a microfibre towel to absorb the excess water. The leaf blower idea sounds much better, thanks.

Oh, and my neighbours thought I lost the plot years ago! LOL

Go on then tell us what top of the range leaf blower you have invested in LOL !?

c4sman

I read that you should go for the cheapest electric blower you can find. Don't try using a supercharged petrol one as you don't need the power or the oily exhaust fumes hitting your bodywork!

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
There was a guy at a petrol station at the weekend using the airline to blow dry his car after he'd washed it. Good idea. But if I bought a leaf blower to blow dry the car it may just be the last straw for Mrs. N! I'll stick to a soft cloth. Best of all, a spirited drive.

Rags

Probably is a bit OTT to buy one just for that. On the other hand suppose I needed one for the leaves..........hmmmm

kin

There was a guy at a petrol station at the weekend using the airline to blow dry his car after he'd washed it. Good idea. But if I bought a leaf blower to blow dry the car it may just be the last straw for Mrs. N! I'll stick to a soft cloth. Best of all, a spirited drive.
Leaf blowers supposed to generate 180mph wind, or something to that effect! You will not get to 180mph with your spirited drive.

as for your missus, tell her you won it in a raffle :numberone:

Probably is a bit OTT to buy one just for that. On the other hand suppose I needed one for the leaves..........hmmmm
Not OTT at all, people uses leaf blower in Autumn time, but you could use it all year round, LOL!

Seriously, best hundred quid you ever spend on to keep your mean machine looking great! And its far more fun using a leaf blower, no sweat. :luvit:

CatmanV2

Leaf blowers supposed to generate 180mph wind, or something to that effect! You will not get to 180mph with your spirited drive.

as for your missus, tell her you won it in a raffle :numberone:

Not OTT at all, people uses leaf blower in Autumn time, but you could use it all year round, LOL!

Seriously, best hundred quid you ever spend on to keep your mean machine looking great! And its far more fun using a leaf blower, no sweat. :luvit:

Having just seen the prices, I'm rather tempted.

C

zoros

Banned
Rags: Don't mean this disrespectfully but your car is "months" old, is it not? Probably not had its first birthday? So why have you gone to all that trouble to clean it when it is already in (almost) showroom condition anyway??? Can you genuinely tell the difference between 'before' and 'after'?

Tilum

Go on then tell us what top of the range leaf blower you have invested in LOL !?
Sorry Rags, didn't see this post until now.
Probably just a 'cheap as chips' one TBH LOL.
After all, all I need it to do is blow a little bit of air.. how hard can it be to blow moisture out of crevices?!? :mock8: