Just detailed my GT Sport

Rags

Well maybe my poor amateur efforts cant be classified as detailing but I gave it a through try. Havent done something like this for years......let me know what you guys think!

This is what I did:

1. Dusted the car dashboard and all interior bits and bobs
2. Wiped down interior with damp microfibre towel including seats
3. Removed and hoovered car mats
4. Hovered interior carpets etc
5. Polished all chrome and carbon fibre bits with autoglym interior polish (didnt do dashboard etc as dont like the shiny look)
6. Creamed leather with Autoglym leather conditioner
7. Cleaned alloys with bilberry wheel cleaner + alloy brush
8. Jet washed car throughly to get rid of excess dirt and large bits
9. Used foam lance but this came out horrible (I would even call it foam) so gave up
10. Washed car with two bucket method including grit guards and lambswool washmit. Shampoo used wash PH neutral
11. Hosed down and quick washed again
12. Dried car again using soft microfibre towel
13. Autoglym fast glass inside and out including exterior lights
14. Cquartz reload sealant - 1 layer all round. Car already has Cquartz on it from before which I got professionally done
14. Quick spin to pose!! and then back in the garage!

Here is the car after the two washes and drying (with wheels and glass done)

MAF260

Lovely! What's the tall building you can see in the centre of the first pic? Looks familiar but I can't place it.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Good work, Rags (suddenly your name is very apt!). How's the nose getting on for stone chips? My washes tend to be finished off with trying to tidy up any of the more conspicuous ones. Like painting the Forth bridge! :smile:

By the way, I highly recommend Swissvax Autobahn for the wheels. It reduces dirt and makes cleaning them so much easier. Worth taking the wheels off to make the first application really easy but well worth the effort. Plus it smells nice, too.

Rags

That's lovely. Must be a full time job keeping it bug free in the summer :)

Woody - the bloody thing is a bug magnet! Even when I was washing it they were just lining up to get on it.....

Rags

Good work, Rags (suddenly your name is very apt!). How's the nose getting on for stone chips? My washes tend to be finished off with trying to tidy up any of the more conspicuous ones. Like painting the Forth bridge! :smile:

By the way, I highly recommend Swissvax Autobahn for the wheels. It reduces dirt and makes cleaning them so much easier. Worth taking the wheels off to make the first application really easy but well worth the effort. Plus it smells nice, too.

Adam - thanks, will buy a tub of it. the black wheels look disgusting when dirty and take ages to clean the dust off. I have 1 stone chip......just above the front number plate. Will sort out next time.